2001 lincoln ls v8 leaking coolant from thermostat area

lilcaldo25

LVC Member
Reaction score
my 2001 lincoln ls is leaking coolant from the thermostat area and as soon as i start the car after a couple of second the temp gauge jumbs to the half mark but cold air blows out if any one had that problem before or know what could cause that and can teel me that would be appricated

the tings that i replaced so far is the thermostat and the doual cntroll valve and i did a collant flush but still haveing the same problem is that some time it blows hot air and sometimes it blows cold air and now i noticed that coolant is leaking from the thermostat area:(

Replace the thermostat housing. Rockauto has the aluminum type, which is an upgrade over oem, for a good price. As far as the heat issue, it truly sounds as of you still have air in the line. Do a search for bleeding cooling system here or on Google in order to see instructions and verify what steps you took were correct for the LS.

Replace the thermostat housing. Rockauto has the aluminum type, which is an upgrade over oem, for a good price. As far as the heat issue, it truly sounds as of you still have air in the line. Do a search for bleeding cooling system here or on Google in order to see instructions and verify what steps you took were correct for the LS.

+2 Plastic crap gets brittle and cracks all the time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back