2004 Lincoln LSE V8

beverlyann83

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2004 Lincoln lse over a month ago and recently started problems with my car showing ETC Failsafe and goes into limp mode. The first night I parked it turned it off and back on and then it was fine, it's happened 3 times and I do the same thing every time as it's always when I'm driving to or from work as I rarely go anywhere. I plan on replacing the coils and plugs and maybe the electronic throttle sensor as I read something about that. I also have been trying to fix the my sunroof leaks as it runs down my front door frames, and my ac is cold but doesn't really have a strong output any recommendations? Other than that she's a great car with lowish miles

For the sunroof try something like this: Amazon.com

I got one for my 04 Aviator mine was also clogged up. I opened the sunroof and sat on the center console and then took the long tool and pushed it down both drain holes in the front, the driver side was way more clogged up than the passenger side. Once clear I ran warm water down it to make sure it drained and got anything left over.

On the moonroof, probably the drain tube has shrank and pulled loose. That's a very common issue with the LS. I'd splice and lengthen all four of them while I had the headliner part way down to fix the detached one.

For the sunroof try something like this: Amazon.com

I got one for my 04 Aviator mine was also clogged up. I opened the sunroof and sat on the center console and then took the long tool and pushed it down both drain holes in the front, the driver side was way more clogged up than the passenger side. Once clear I ran warm water down it to make sure it drained and got anything left over.
Thank you I just purchased it with my coil pack and plugs!

Members online

No members online now.
Back