2006 Lincoln LS, My story!

VegasLSv8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd take some time out and tell you guys a story about my first Lincoln!

Growing up, my dad loved Lincolns. His first Lincoln was a 95 Lincoln Towncar which ran into some big engine problems so he got rid of it and picked up a 98 Towncar. I got to drive it a bunch of times and that is where I fell in love with Lincolns. The thing was a boat, and when you drove over the good old Massachusetts potholes you couldn't even feel it.

ab28fbea88.jpg

Eventually I moved to Las Vegas and purchased a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. I had a ton of fun in that Jeep up to the point where I blew a head gasket and blew up the engine.

I ended up trading it in and screwing over the Ford dealership by not telling them about the engine problems. I got a nice trade in of 2,000 bucks for it LOL

I did this though for a down payment on a 2006 Lincoln LS V8 that I fell in love with the first time that I saw it:

9ef4ad7d25.jpg

afef3ebfb3.jpg

71a31deadf.jpg

dde14c804d.jpg

I did alright in the car for about a year until there was a really bad flood and I broke 4 wheels, bent a control arm and other suspension parts when I drove into a submerged roundabout at about 50 mph. Paying out of pocket, turns out that each of those chrome rims cost 750 dollars according to the Ford dealership... (can anyone confirm this?).

583c526dfe.jpg

48a47b63de.jpg

0759a4000b.jpg

After about a month at the dealership getting repaired here is what my baby looks like now:

9af4aa7809.jpg

2e0871ba9d.jpg

5845f2d74d.jpg

There is not much more to it than what you see, still very stock. Im still paying for the accident unfortunately so things will have to take time.

The rims are 20" Dolce DC26s, sound system inside is stock interior speakers but Ive had two 12" Kicker CVR and a 3 farad capacitor installed.

The next thing that I need to do is get those windows tinted. Its too hot in Vegas for it not to be.

I would say welcome to LVC but it seems you've been here for awhile. You've been a member for almost 2 years and this is your first post! Thats a sharp looking LS you have, I like the wheels! The tint you are planning on getting will look even better. Sorry to hear about the accident but it looks like the LS has fully recovered and them some.

Those chrome rims may very well be 750each from the dealer, but you can find new ones elsewhere for much much cheaper, are finished ones for even less, and even nice sets of used ones for dirt cheap.

Last year I sold my set of 06 chrome stockers in excellent condition for 300 for the whole set. I'd rather pay 300 for a used set than 3000 on new ones from ford. That's a crazy Price.

Welcome. Glad to see an 06 in that color. I wanted that to be my next color just because there was a lack of 06's in that color on here but now I know of 2

Ps. Do you know anyone in Vegas that has a white one ecactly like yours in Vegas? I know it's a huge city. But if you know them, I could seriously kill them lol

Last edited:
I would say welcome to LVC but it seems you've been here for awhile. You've been a member for almost 2 years and this is your first post! Thats a sharp looking LS you have, I like the wheels! The tint you are planning on getting will look even better. Sorry to hear about the accident but it looks like the LS has fully recovered and them some.

Yeah I've been lurking around taking a look at what other members have done with their LSs. I bought the LS for 14 grand at 65,000 miles and deployed shortly after I registered on here. Never really thought about making a post but after I washed my car yesterday I wanted everyone to see how nice these rims look on the car and I can't wait after I get the tints tomorrow to see how she looks.

The service rep at the Ford dealership told me today that it would look really great if I had the tail lights smoked but I had to tell him that even if I put 20s on it I can't disrespect a Lincoln by shading the tail lights.

I'm still dealing with a bent control arm on the front left wheel that prevents me from making a hard left turn. Quoted the repair at around a grand to fix it so I walked. lol

Those chrome rims may very well be 750each from the dealer, but you can find new ones elsewhere for much much cheaper, are finished ones for even less, and even nice sets of used ones for dirt cheap.

Last year I sold my set of 06 chrome stockers in excellent condition for 300 for the whole set. I'd rather pay 300 for a used set than 3000 on new ones from ford. That's a crazy Price.

Welcome. Glad to see an 06 in that color. I wanted that to be my next color just because there was a lack of 06's in that color on here but now I know of 2

Ps. Do you know anyone in Vegas that has a white one ecactly like yours in Vegas? I know it's a huge city. But if you know them, I could seriously kill them lol

Yeah that was the whole thing about the rims that sticker shocked me into buying the 20s. I broke and had to replace two of the stock rims, but I still had severe damage on the other two. Two replace JUST the two broken rims we were looking at 1500 bucks and since I was bent over by my insurance company (who I've since changed) I've had to pay out of pocket anyways and found a really good deal on 4 of those Dolce DC26 rims AND tires AND installation for 1500 bucks as well. I think I made out really well in that department as I love them. They're a real head turner and I can see people looking at my car when Im driving all the time!

The salesman told me that the color was called Cashmere when I bought it and I love how it glistens. I happen to live near someone else who drives the same model that I do but it is a darker beige, shaded tail lights, and 18s (hehe) black rims. Other than that are we talking a white white or a light beige? I happen to see an LS around quite often but a lot of them are in baaaad shape :(

Yeah I've been lurking around taking a look at what other members have done with their LSs. I bought the LS for 14 grand at 65,000 miles and deployed shortly after I registered on here. Never really thought about making a post but after I washed my car yesterday I wanted everyone to see how nice these rims look on the car and I can't wait after I get the tints tomorrow to see how she looks.

The service rep at the Ford dealership told me today that it would look really great if I had the tail lights smoked but I had to tell him that even if I put 20s on it I can't disrespect a Lincoln by shading the tail lights.

I'm still dealing with a bent control arm on the front left wheel that prevents me from making a hard left turn. Quoted the repair at around a grand to fix it so I walked. lol

I, myself, don't care for the two tone tail lights. I like the all red tails. If I had the two tone tails like yours, I would use some Laminix (or whatever its called) to cover the clear part with red to match the lower part. Thats just my taste, I know alot of members love the two tone tails.

If you do the work yourself the control arm shouldnt be more than a couple hundred dollars + an alignment. If you arent mechanically inclined then $1000 for a dealer to do it is about right. You can find new and used ones on ebay fairly cheap and rockauto.com sells reasonably priced new ones too. Is it an upper or lower control arm?

I, myself, don't care for the two tone tail lights. I like the all red tails. If I had the two tone tails like yours, I would use some Laminix (or whatever its called) to cover the clear part with red to match the lower part. Thats just my taste, I know alot of members love the two tone tails.

+1. Gen II LSE tails ftw.

DSC_2846_s.jpg

VERY nice LS! Not a fan of those aftermarket wheels tho, but they're better than donuts i guess lol

As T-money said, keep an eye out on your local CL. Great deals for stock wheels always pop up. Never pay retail price at the dealer!!!

Also, look into OEM jag wheels ;)

VERY nice LS! Not a fan of those aftermarket wheels tho, but they're better than donuts i guess lol

As T-money said, keep an eye out on your local CL. Great deals for stock wheels always pop up. Never pay retail price at the dealer!!!

1+.not a fan of those aftermarket wheels on that ls.

Welcome! That must have been some bumpy ride.

Hard to see the wheel's details in that light, but looks pretty good, i think.

If you do the work yourself the control arm shouldnt be more than a couple hundred dollars + an alignment. If you arent mechanically inclined then $1000 for a dealer to do it is about right. You can find new and used ones on ebay fairly cheap and rockauto.com sells reasonably priced new ones too. Is it an upper or lower control arm?

Unfortunately that is where Im not qualified, I just know that the wheel is pushed back. I dont really have the tools or place to do the maintenance, or the money :( It'll get fixed eventually, just need to pay off some bills first. I really do like my tail lights on this model a lot more than the previous years. The others just seem too large for the car. I dont know, to each his own I guess.

+1. Gen II LSE tails ftw.

Now those dont look bad at all!

How come you're not a fan might I ask? Maybe its the picture, Ill go out and take another. Is it because they're aftermarket? I'm 22 and was in a bit of a pinch financially so if there is something I need to know about these wheels please let me know!

I'm sure it's nothing about those wheels in particular. It's just a personal style preference.

How come you're not a fan might I ask? Maybe its the picture, Ill go out and take another. Is it because they're aftermarket? I'm 22 and was in a bit of a pinch financially so if there is something I need to know about these wheels please let me know!

Hey me too!!! Turn 23 in november :D

Anyway, nothing wrong with the wheels themselves, just not my cup of tea. I prefer the look of factory wheels vs aftermarket. Not necessarily Lincoln factory wheels but also volvo, jag, etc...Although there are very good looking examples of aftermarket wheels, like Andrizzle's and Tru-blu's wheels.

Check out my Jag wheel database thread:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=80146

Car looks good but as said before the wheels don't go well with it. I prefer oem style wheels.

very nice car. I dont think the wheels look bad at all. Although chrome IMO would look better with your color. Black works too tho, again its just personal preference. Ive seen some very bad lookin rims on the LS, these are far from that. Looks good.

Ah I see. I had the chrome on it before the accident and it did look very nice on it to match the grill. That is kind of why I wanted some chrome in the new rims that I put on it. I have always liked black rims though, ever since the Fast and the Furious movie I guess LOL Anyways I took a drive down the street for some pictures, hopefully I can swing some minds, didn't think that so many people wouldn't like them :(

eb05e27dfa.jpg

d5e2ad6616.jpg

7426051f80.jpg

5e24888667.jpg

I think tint will bring the wheels together much better. I'm kinda partial to black wheels myself.

Nice a closeup, I actually like those wheels. Nice choice.

I highly agree that the tint will help, a modded car without tint looks very odd, IMO.

Well now I feel like I bought the cheap imitation lol I still like them a lot but maybe further along down the road when I have some money I can really take the time to do the research on what rims I'd like to really have. That wont be for a little while though unfortunately.

But yeah, windows will be tinted tomorrow, looking to be around 150 bucks, sound about right?

nice ride man, go to ebay and get the control arm do you know if its the lower or upper. lets us know so we can help you find it cheap.

Members online

No members online now.
Back