2008 CTS Headlight Bulb Replacement

TAG

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to go about replacing the OEM/Stock Xenon HID Bulbs with an aftermarket, blue, brighter bulb? Thanks.

Cadillac probably doesn't want you touching the stock bulbs in there so they might make it a little tricky. I haven't looked at how to replace the bulbs on the 08 CTS but it has to be pretty simple like any other car these days which might or might not involve removing the stock headlamp housing and twisting the actual bulb out and disconnecting the wiring harness. Whatever you do, don't touch the bulb itself, save them if the bulbs you get ever happen to burn out or die on you, then you have replacements which aren't cheap.

The stock bulbs are 4200k which is the white/blue light and has probably the best visibilty of the xenon bulbs. If you go more blue, visibilty wont be as good but that'll be negligible up to a certain color temp. You can see color examples here... http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/fusion-hid-xenon-conversion-kit-p-137.php

6k will be a a crystal blue color, sort of more blue but still white and 8000k will be literally blue but you wont have as good visibility. The stock bulb type for the 08 CTS is HID-D1S so find that bulb type in whatever color temp you want... 6000k, 8000k, etc... Ebay has them and so do a lot of automotive light vendors on the web such as here... http://www.plasmagarage.com/D1S_D1R_HID-headlights.html

I haven't checked but a website called cadillacfaq.com has a lot of useful info on the CTS so check over there too.

Oh and post some pics of the car when you get a chance too! Hopefully picking up my 08 in September

Thanks GLANGA! I also own an 05 Redline VUE and the bulb replacement on it was very easy, but it doesn't look as easy on the CTS.

I just purchased my fully loaded 08 CTS, eventhough I had also considered waiting until the fall - for the CTS-V. But, after seeing the recently posted MSRP of $79.500, I changed my mind. I truly like it and want it, but $80,000 is a big piece of cash! At any rate, maybe I will just wait until next year and purchase the 2010 CTS Coupe for myself. Our current CTS is more for my wife.

But, I will keep in mind your suggestions and will definitely post pictures afterwards. Thanks again!

The price tag on the new V is pure skepticism. I have heard from my dealer it will be offered mid to low $60,000 range but again...skepticism.

Members online

No members online now.
Back