2nd set of tires and still vvvv vibrating

i've got about 73,000 on mine. I'm just starting to wonder why so many LS owners with the 17" wheels are having all the same problems.

Same problem. I have the 01 with Chrome 17’s. Had my tires balanced, but the problem remained. I have the Chrysler logs and thought it might be those.

have the tires road forced. it truly is interesting cause it actually reads how straight your rim is plus the force the wheel pushes at all spots then they rotate the tire on the rim. and rebalance. if that doesnt work i would go with some different rim and tire. it may be a problem alot of those have so it may even be covered by the dealer if you really push it. recommend either a discount tire or sears or any other big tire places. stay away from NTB. those guys cant balance a tire to save their lives.

also if you can dont try to hide the weights or have a static balance unless you have them tape weighted cause no matter what happens when you static them they never truly balance always gonna have the slight vibration

MaRk32v said:
have the tires road forced. it truly is interesting cause it actually reads how straight your rim is plus the force the wheel pushes at all spots then they rotate the tire on the rim. and rebalance. if that doesnt work i would go with some different rim and tire. it may be a problem alot of those have so it may even be covered by the dealer if you really push it. recommend either a discount tire or sears or any other big tire places. stay away from NTB. those guys cant balance a tire to save their lives.

I didn't have the wheels road force balanced at first, i went straight to a new tire with no luck. HOWEVER, i just bought another set of wheels just moments ago. PRAYERFULLY this is going to solve my problem. I'll try to upload the photo of the new wheels.

wheels.jpg

Same prob with my 17" chromes. I got the 16" rims off of ebay. Going to fix the ball joint also. Hopefully I will be riding smoother.

Im really interested in the results of the rim swap. I purchased an 02 LS with 44K with chrome 17's(Goodyear eagle LS tires). Driving the car home i felt a slight vibration at around 75mph but figured it just needed to be balanced. After a balance and rotation it was way worse but didnt find this out until i was headed out on vacation a few weeks later. During the trip i had the tires balanced twice more with out any better results. When i got home they rebalanced them without any luck so i purchased new tires(continentals) The new tires didnt help much, had them road force balanced, found two tires slightly out, replaced those two. Still wasnt any better so i took it to the dealership they couldnt find anything wrong with the car but they did put different rims and tires from one off of the lot and they said it was smooth as silk. The dealership say its the tires, the tire place says its the rims, i believe its in the rims but im hesitatnt to spend the money and find out im wrong. Please post your results after the rim swap, it may force me to go with some bigger/and or better rims.

oldone said:
Im really interested in the results of the rim swap. I purchased an 02 LS with 44K with chrome 17's(Goodyear eagle LS tires). Driving the car home i felt a slight vibration at around 75mph but figured it just needed to be balanced. After a balance and rotation it was way worse but didnt find this out until i was headed out on vacation a few weeks later. During the trip i had the tires balanced twice more with out any better results. When i got home they rebalanced them without any luck so i purchased new tires(continentals) The new tires didnt help much, had them road force balanced, found two tires slightly out, replaced those two. Still wasnt any better so i took it to the dealership they couldnt find anything wrong with the car but they did put different rims and tires from one off of the lot and they said it was smooth as silk. The dealership say its the tires, the tire place says its the rims, i believe its in the rims but im hesitatnt to spend the money and find out im wrong. Please post your results after the rim swap, it may force me to go with some bigger/and or better rims.
The wheels should be delivered tomorrow. I will have them mounted ASAP. I'll be sure to post results afterwards! BTW hows the weather down in PC? I lived just an hour from there until about six years ago. Used to head down that way everyweekend during the summer. I have alot of good memories down there and a bunch of bad ones.

The weather is good, almost too warm for it to be winter. Its definetly a fun place to spend your weekends, can have alot of fun but can also get in some trouble. Hope your rims fix your troubles, it would be great excuse to allow me to purchase some new rims. Lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back