5.7,6.1 hemis

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So that 5.7 hemi doesnt usuially stand up too well to the mark, but what about the new 6.1, is this another car to worry about in the stoplight wars?

Haha! Another Mr Wilson thread!! The 6.1's (SRT-8)'s are all 13 second cars.

In other words: no.

This includes the 300C SRT-8, Charger SRT-8, and Magnum SRT-8. I raced my friends 300C SRT-8 from a dig and from a roll, he pulled on me like a rocket. Real nice car.

Those SRT-8's are no joke, dont race one unless you can run low 13's. I heard a guy had one with mild bolt ons and DR's and it ran a 12.9. The regular 5.7 hemis are no biggie. A set of gears and a chip would take care of one.

The 5.7s have to be around a 14 flat car. I dont understand how that doesnt stand up very well to a mark.

When are you all going to understand that there are more factors in a race than numbers on a piece of paper? Furthermore, there is more to it that 1/4 mile racing. Unless you are Vinny, and you live your life 1/4 mile at a time. Most stoplight (not that I agree with it) racing will not last for a 1/4 mile.

I am waiting for everyone on this site to understand that the Mark VIII isnt God's gift to mankind. Im also waiting for people to realize that it isnt nearly as fast as they think it is.

I have seen the Magnum 5.7 Hemi's run low 15's at my track so a stock Mark VIII should be a good race for it. Also, the Hemi trucks shouldn't be a problem for any Mark VIII but any SRT-8 6.1 L is definately in the 13's.

lol. dang i had no clue that the 6.1's were that fast!

silly little kids. I sell Chryslers and I can tell you with complete confidence that a charger r/t will blow away a stock mark 8. 300C will be a little closer because it has just a little less horsepower and it is a bit heavier. But it will still beat it. I bet I could beat any of you in the Grand Cherokee with a Hemi as well. And don't even think about running with a 6.1 because at 425 hp, you won't even see taillights. They don't call it a 4 door viper for nothing. And I'm not saying a Mark 8 isn't a nice car, it's even faster than my LS8, but it can't hang with the Hemi cars, I'm sorry.

ps. of course I'm talking all stock cars, once you get aftermarket the whole game changes.

MAllen82 said:
I bet I could beat any of you in the Grand Cherokee with a Hemi as well.

The rest I agree with, but not that one. I walked one back in the summer from a roll by several car lengths. When I wanted to kill some real Hemi I took out the Mustang.

I know, I was stirring the pot. :D What year mustang do you have? My boss has a 300C with a supercharger, intake, exhaust, and chip, and we have beaten a stock C5 ZO6 in it. (it's amazing what car salesmen do in the slow months) However, the most fun I have ever had was in our crossfire SRT6 that has a custom exhaust and intake on it. That thing goes like nobodies business.

Dern Humpus said:
I am waiting for everyone on this site to understand that the Mark VIII isnt God's gift to mankind. Im also waiting for people to realize that it isnt nearly as fast as they think it is.

I agree.. they are awesome cars, but they arent a hardcore racer..
a decently fast sleeper, sure.

also, Mr. Wilson, stop rating all your posts 5star, thats annoying and seems a bit egotistical to make your own thread a 5 star..

i think the new hemi's suck. in a issue of car and driver they compare a ford explorer with the SOHC 4.6 3V against the new jeep commander with a 5.7 hemi and it only goes .5 seconds in the quater mile faster than the explorer. Also when i had my 94 v8 t-bird i raced a brand new hemi ram and he only beat me by two car lengths. My markviii 80 more hp than my tbird so i know it would win.

MAllen82 said:
I know, I was stirring the pot. :D What year mustang do you have? My boss has a 300C with a supercharger, intake, exhaust, and chip, and we have beaten a stock C5 ZO6 in it. (it's amazing what car salesmen do in the slow months) However, the most fun I have ever had was in our crossfire SRT6 that has a custom exhaust and intake on it. That thing goes like nobodies business.

1990 LX 5.0 fully built, just sold it yesterday and he is picking it up in a week.

Grifter said:
also, Mr. Wilson, stop rating all your posts 5star, thats annoying and seems a bit egotistical to make your own thread a 5 star..

Someone else already admitted to doing that to him.

Dern Humpus said:

I agree but dont forget people in the board all own a mark viiis and more then half dont do anything to there car but exhaust. I think if people did more to there car they would see how slow it really is, here in joliet hondas would be picking on these guys like crazy, and when they loss its I got more class because i bought my 12 year old car from a auto auction

those 5.7's and 6.1's are totally not in the same class as the mark. i would just stay away from those in a race. once i looked at thier numbers, i just shook my head.

Grifter said:
Mr. Wilson, stop rating all your posts 5star, thats annoying and seems a bit egotistical to make your own thread a 5 star..

dude, its not me, its nyc lsc.

the point is this is a 10+ year old car, vs. a new car with bigger motor. and it holds up very well!

and I would give the car 5 stars and this thread also

From 1993 to 1998 what did Dodge build that was worth posting about?

Oh the Viper? what else....

But on the other hand The 300, new Charger and the Magnum look like :q:q:q:q...

The Magnum would be the only one I would ever consider... It would make a nice work truck...

I ran against a Magnum with the 5.7 hemi last month. I have 4.10's, exhaust, and a j-mod. I ran a 14.4 and he ran a 15.1. A mark 8 with just gears should be able to take a 5.7 hemi.

DSC02242.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back