5.7,6.1 hemis

my brother raced a 5.7 charger with my car.. only went to about-60 or so he said... but he said the hemi held up but he still beat him. My car is not insanly fast but it is (I HOPE) a 13 second 4000lbs daily driver.. If I wanted to go crazy fast for cheap I would've bought a mustang and been a dime a dozen.

I think my next performance mod(which will probally be in about 2 years if I still have the car) will be getting crazy head+cam work done.

I agree that the new hemis are nice but look at the horse power differences and then look at the quarter numbers if u moded a mark to the same 340 horse power it would be a hands down win for the mark already stock to stock the marks are faster when it comes to the 5.7. Also, every one likes to forget that the hemis were the first rear wheeled cars for dodge in well over a decade. Also dodge is now owned by mercedes so there part dodge part mercedes, and the cross fire is a mercedes with the only thing chrysler would be the emblems. They also killed off plymouth!!!!!!!! I want a retro cuda already those bastards!!!!!!

I agree that the new hemis are nice but look at the horse power differences and then look at the quarter numbers if u moded a mark to the same 340 horse power it would be a hands down win for the mark already stock to stock the marks are faster when it comes to the 5.7. Also, every one likes to forget that the hemis were the first rear wheeled cars for dodge in well over a decade. Also dodge is now owned by mercedes so there part dodge part mercedes, and the cross fire is a mercedes with the only thing chrysler would be the emblems. They also killed off plymouth!!!!!!!! I want a retro cuda already those bastards!!!!!!

what's wrong with being part mercedes? Look at the quality difference between the pre-merger chrysler and the post-merger chrysler. Case in point, Sebring versus the rest of the lineup. That thing is a piece of shiat. The 300 is the #1 selling car right now. And it is much better made than most lincoln and cadillacs. My LS is misfiring like crazy every time I drive it, the passenger front window motor is broken, and I can't open my door from the inside. And my car is only 4 years old. I love my LS, but to be quite frank, it sucks. No car should fall apart like that. And I will challenge anyone who wants to race against a 300C stock for stock because I will eat you, more class or not.

if u moded a mark to the same 340 horse power it would be a hands down win for the mark already stock to stock the marks are faster when it comes to the 5.7.

that doesn't make any sense. and sure, if I modded my LS to 500 hp I could probably take a ZO6, what's your point? Stock for stock a hemi car is faster than a mark 8.

MAllen82 said:
If I modded my LS to 500 hp I could probably take a ZO6

Im still going with ... no, on that one.

that would be a C5, and if I didn't, it would be damne close. The point is the mark didn't come with as much horse power, and it is slower. How about this one, to mod a C5 vette to 500 hp, it would take a viper. but it won't stock, so what's the argument? There really isn't one.

MAllen82 said:
what's wrong with being part mercedes? Look at the quality difference between the pre-merger chrysler and the post-merger chrysler. Case in point, Sebring versus the rest of the lineup. That thing is a piece of shiat. The 300 is the #1 selling car right now. And it is much better made than most lincoln and cadillacs. My LS is misfiring like crazy every time I drive it, the passenger front window motor is broken, and I can't open my door from the inside. And my car is only 4 years old. I love my LS, but to be quite frank, it sucks. No car should fall apart like that. And I will challenge anyone who wants to race against a 300C stock for stock because I will eat you, more class or not.

that doesn't make any sense. and sure, if I modded my LS to 500 hp I could probably take a ZO6, what's your point? Stock for stock a hemi car is faster than a mark 8.

First off mercede quality is a oximorone at its best. mercedes are always in the shop. Also mercedes have a plastic rear end and fake leather due to peta across sea. Define quality, due u think the new chryslers will ever hit 200,000 miles or more? I also hear a lot of complaints about that mechanism that shuts off half your cylinders when cruising,if that goes your really F't in the A. Chrysler doesent need mercedes, also get your shlt straight the hemis due low 15's there have been people on this site that hit low to mid 14's all day when are cars were new and bone stock, and were still pulling it off ten years later. You should tell us how those crotlers are doing a decade from now.

95Marklll(Kingcobra) said:
First off mercede quality is a oximorone at its best. mercedes are always in the shop. Also mercedes have a plastic rear end and fake leather due to peta across sea. Define quality, due u think the new chryslers will ever hit 200,000 miles or more? I also hear a lot of complaints about that mechanism that shuts off half your cylinders when cruising,if that goes your really F't in the A. Chrysler doesent need mercedes, also get your shlt straight the hemis due low 15's there have been people on this site that hit low to mid 14's all day when are cars were new and bone stock, and were still pulling it off ten years later. You should tell us how those crotlers are doing a decade from now.

Fukin A man...amen.

Fukin A man...amen.

I try, I am what u call a american and when i see Bs like that I just have to put everything into perspective. I cant figure out why someone praises a company that sold out to a foreign company. America wouldent be what it is today if it wasent for american companies like Ford,Gm,john deere and other companies built and designed by are american for fathers and americans today. I hope that never changes.......

Oh yeah my uncle worked for chrysler for over 20 yrs he came to the age of retirement and was denied, he was so pissed he went out and bought a toyota corrola just to piss them off. Also he told me that when there was talk years ago of chrysler merging with mercedes,there would never be a high bred part mercedes part dodge. He told me when the crossfire came out chrysler was dead to him.( This comes from a person who worked for chrysler for over 2 decades and owned hemis and six pack 440's,now thats chrysler). My uncle told me this exactly " Now who the hell wants a car designed for celene dion anyways, weres my cuda"?

though also, america wouldnt be what it is today without being sellouts too, lol.

The 300c 5.7 Hemis will take a stock Mark VIII easily, the Magnums are a better race because they are heavier.

Everyone seems to forget the Mark VIII is atleast 6 years old so back in 1998 it had a good amount of horsepower versus competitors, I bet if Lincoln every produces that new car based on the Mustang platform it will take the new Hemi's

klutch said:
Everyone seems to forget the Mark VIII is atleast 6 years old so back in 1998 it had a good amount of horsepower versus competitors, I bet if Lincoln every produces that new car based on the Mustang platform it will take the new Hemi's

And this is the point for the Mark VIII! What was Chrysler building in the 90's but a bunch of :q:q:q:q!! Nice looking cars that ran like crap!!! The only car they built that was something was the viper... maybe the prowler but that's all and these cars weren't made for the masses..

But I agree if ford would let Lincoln have a new car that was not a piece of :q:q:q:q like the Zepher..

In addition I don't look at the Mark VIII is god's gift to car fans.. but... it's one hell of a ride... and even at 10 yrs old my 95 is a lot of fun to dirve... What 10 yr old Chrysler can claim that....

mespock said:
And this is the point for the Mark VIII! What was Chrysler building in the 90's but a bunch of :q:q:q:q!! Nice looking cars that ran like crap!!! The only car they built that was something was the viper... maybe the prowler but that's all and these cars weren't made for the masses..

But I agree if ford would let Lincoln have a new car that was not a piece of :q:q:q:q like the Zepher..

In addition I don't look at the Mark VIII is god's gift to car fans.. but... it's one hell of a ride... and even at 10 yrs old my 95 is a lot of fun to dirve... What 10 yr old Chrysler can claim that....

Exactly, Last thing rear 8 from a dodge was what a diplomat? And if a mark 9 came out with the mustang platform and the 300 hp and 320 trq, there would he no 5.7 that could touch it stock the only thing that probably could would be the 6.1 but then again the mustangs motor is a 4.6 281 cubic inches with 300 hp and 320 trq, the 5.7 hemi has a like what atleast over 340 cubic inches making 340 hp and trq and are mark 8's with a heaver body and weaker motor still take them to town and we are mostly 10 yr 100,000 + cars. If a mustang does a mid 13 what does that tell yeah a mark will due on the same platform.

And one more thing....... Charger does not = Four doors!!!!!!!!!

if ford ever comes out with that new mark, they should drop the 5.4l V8 into it as an optional motor and keep the 4.6l as a standard. with the 5.4l V8 pushing out 450hp and the 4.6l 350! at least that is my dream!

If they follow like before the Mark 9 (or whatever they will call it) would get a better engine then the Mustang GT and since the new GT's put out 300HP I am sure whatever they put in the 9 would kill some Hemi's :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back