$50 Race HELP!

2002_LS_V8 said:
ahaha big confusion lol... its in IOWA not ILLINOIS lol...

Hehehe. I looked in Mapquest last night and there were about 15 different Waterloo's. Talk about a name thats worn out.

It like using the name "Panthers" for a high school sports team. :lol:

rocket5979 said:
Hey bro, I didn't mean it like that. I meant the new guy comment as in not following protocol when posting (quoting), so as to avoid confusion. I will take another new knowledgeable poster over one that asks 50 million questions any day. Usually saves me time posting.

Advice from people whom are experienced with these things is always welcome here, I just wanted to point out a few things that could have been misinterpreted if people took them the wrong way. ;) Some people tend to dodge in and out of forums and only browse through pieces of info before acting on things without really researching them. Call that lazy human nature I guess...:D I have found that in order to prevent confusion on their part resulting in vehicular damage or worse, I tend to overexplain things. Yeah, it may seem longwinded, but I try not to leave any room for interpretation, or for a person to say "well, did that apply to MY vehicle too?". I hope ya hear where I am coming from here.

I know the member base here can benefit from one more member who has some good knowledge. All I suggest is that we take the time to explain certain things in full detail is all. :Beer
:beer: No problem. All forums are different, I'll be sure to use plenty of quotes from here on out.

BTW, you guys have lots of cool smilies here.

BigSteve said:
:beer: No problem. All forums are different, I'll be sure to use plenty of quotes from here on out.

BTW, you guys have lots of cool smilies here.
:hump: :ricesmile :L thoes are my 3 favorites hahah, oh and this one too :shifty:

Our Lincolns will beat the 1996-1998 4.6 Litre Mustangs GTs. That Firebird wasn't anything special either. If it was a trans am I'd be a little scared. Ok so I raced a friend with a Jetta 1.8t and I left him. I have the cold air intake though, not sure how much of a difference that makes. I just raced him to see how much you have to worry about, and that racing chip wont hurt you, just race him.

J3FF said:
Our Lincolns will beat the 1996-1998 4.6 Litre Mustangs GTs. That Firebird wasn't anything special either. If it was a trans am I'd be a little scared. Ok so I raced a friend with a Jetta 1.8t and I left him. I have the cold air intake though, not sure how much of a difference that makes. I just raced him to see how much you have to worry about, and that racing chip wont hurt you, just race him.

Good news for me man... did ur friend have a chip too?? and that was a trans am but it was the LT-1 not LS1.... oh and yes im gonna race him tomorrow or saturday night for sure and there is going to be a video..:cool:

2002_LS_V8 said:
Good news for me man... did ur friend have a chip too?? and that was a trans am but it was the LT-1 not LS1.... oh and yes im gonna race him tomorrow or saturday night for sure and there is going to be a video..:cool:

Nope! It's a 2001 though, the LT-1 Sucked...just so everyone knows. Did you notice before they hit 90-100 they would shut the camera off? They know if they went longer those V8s would blow right on by. There is almost nothing better than a V8s pulling power. Those were stupid 10 seconds clips of 60-100 when they had the advantage, everyone knows bigger engines suck from a rolling start!!

his chip gives him 20 psi of boost to play with... and i talked ot the guy with the trans am he said he was in 3rd gear instead of second.. o well i guess we will see how it goes down this saturday ;) i have a feeling i will win off the line atleast.

I am confused??NOW You say your racing to 100mph....But the LS has longer gears and that VW spools quick so it will bang through the gears quick....there 5th gear is long but he can reach 100 in 3rd no problem....so are you guys just gonna see who gets there 1st? and if so how would you know how does it first???

I wish I lived by you I would love to see this race....Good Luck and Give him HELL for all the LS's out there

SilverLS said:
I am confused??NOW You say your racing to 100mph....But the LS has longer gears and that VW spools quick so it will bang through the gears quick....there 5th gear is long but he can reach 100 in 3rd no problem....

I can reach damn near 100MPH in 3rd gear. Usually when I am running at the dragstrip I go through the traps at 98 mph in 3rd gear. Pretty close. ;)

So I just read this entire thread and was expecting some race results, and possibly a video link. wtf?? lol

yea, major dissapointment. maybe he used jet fuel and his car blew up or something.

I want 10 minutes of my life back for reading through all this for nothing :). From now on, I'm going to the last page and reading backwards.

I want 10 minutes of my life back for reading through all this for nothing :). From now on, I'm going to the last page and reading backwards.[/QUOTE
lmao, well after reading this thread (i think i searched for caliper paint :confused: ) I have the sudden urge to remove my spare tire from the trunk. :D Washer fluid stays though!

So what the hell went on in this thread exactly? A guy wanted to race his LS against a Jetta, and.....? There was a video which i watched and didnt quite understand it either. Where the Trans Am and Mustang actually racing? Was it a rolling start on some road? Maybe the T/A and Mustang were old beaters and not fit for racing. I had a '96 T/A(http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=26795) which met an unfortunate demise, but i promise you it would outrun a Jetta from 45-60 mph. It was a 6 spd manual with some slight engine mods, exhaust, basic LT-1 upgrades. But for those that havent driven a true V8 muscle car with a manual tranny, you can downshift and pull on that guy till the sun goes down. A manual tranny makes a world of difference over an auto V8. Anyway i thought it was all gay, i just hadnt read the thread till just now. Luckily i DID start from the last post and work backwards.

P.S. As far as the removing the spare tire thing goes, i remember reading on here about a guy who did that and then had no way to change his blown tire. I'll take a loss due to a spare tire anyday over getting stranding somewhere with no spare.

what the hell i want to know what happens. im sure he won ive taken a 1.8t audi a4 manual that was chipped and exhaust by a length. same car i guess just with quattro. oh well i want to know what happened!!! i want some video!

lol that videos stupid, its like the jetta going around and just honking at people, bet the trans am didnt even know he was racing... and he prolly fallowed that mustang around all day..lol

what were the race results..

Chris

Members online

Back