5R55S Solenoid/Bulkhead Connector

Maybe drop the pan and replace filter first or get a flush and see if it's a pressure issue first.... with that many miles you shouldn't be Have to change out solenoid ...my car had 5 owners before me and fluid was black as coal...check out what color your fluid is...it's easy as opening your hydrolic fan reservoir in the engine compartment passenger side ...should be light red or red ....mine was black as coal and wasn't flushed once its entire life 2001 Lincoln LS V8 17 years without a flush and now it's probably shot needing a rebuild...I suggest doing some maintenance now at lower miles and seeing if you can kill the virus before its to late ....

It's my only vehicle for work and I don't have time to have it out of commission for a day or two so for now I will look into possibly seeing what a shop or dealer will run.

It's my only vehicle for work and I don't have time to have it out of commission for a day or two so for now I will look into possibly seeing what a shop or dealer will run.
It takes a shop about 2hours to flush your transmission make sure not to use solvents and demand that Mercon V is added back to Transmission when the flush is done ...

...check out what color your fluid is...it's easy as opening your hydrolic fan reservoir in the engine compartment passenger side ...should be light red or red ....

You do know that there is no connection at all between the hydraulic fan and the transmission? The condition of the fan fluid will have no relation to the condition of the transmission fluid!

Both take the same kind of fluid, but both are completely separate. The same is true for the power steering.

You do know that there is no connection at all between the hydraulic fan and the transmission? The condition of the fan fluid will have no relation to the condition of the transmission fluid!

Both take the same kind of fluid, but both are completely separate. The same is true for the power steering.
Nope didn't know that I thought it was linked together for some reason ...I will be an expert on transmissions after this summer ....found out from Ford I need a complete rebuild

Members online

No members online now.
Back