6.5 Components In The Front Doors

RiversideLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I said I would post a pic of the 6.5's fitting in the front doors of the LS with the adapters so here they are - hope this helps debunk any doubts anyone has. Will post finished pics when the whole rig is in.

5358348325_7cc81ea05f.jpg

5358348521_049c2a66d6.jpg

Saw those adapters on eBay. I have never seen anyone say it can't be done.

They are JL C5 6.50's. It's not so much us as the 6x8 users in general. If you hit up any of the major audio fit sites (including Crutchfield) their programs insist that the largest size we can upgrade to is a 5.25.

A lot of online forum posts (other sites :) ) in general also insistent that due to our cutout being 6x8 it just can be done, but it doesn't take into account the height of the factory bracket ;). This is just to show that it can be done, lots of users saying they've done it but I haven't found any pics of it done so I figured it would be helpful to have install shots.

Not saying it's not a great install. Hell, if I had known they made adapters back then, I would have 6.5" components in the doors too.

All good yall ;). Your LS is much sweeter looking than mine Pek. I need to get in on giving her some more TLC (new grill, new bumper) but somehow when it comes to spending money it always goes to new computer parts (cnss - classical nerd spending syndrome).

Nice. I would upgrade too, but the thx system is more than enough for me. I'll keep this thread in mine if I ever change my mind. Nice job

the 6.5 Type R's that i have came with 6x8 adapters, i just epoxied the factory adapter and the alpine adapters together, i see you added a little dynamat extreme to the factory adapter, i actually coated the entire new assembly with a generous coating of dynamat so that they didn't have a "hollow plasticy" sound, they fit and sound great. good work bro.

I have the 6.5 type-r compnents up front. They came with an adapter but I didnt want to make holes for tweeters so I used an adapter from ebay for 5.25s offset with a spot for the tweets. My buddy helped me dremel out the to fit the 6.5s. It's tight but they fit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back