93 MARK VIII converter swap

newguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm going to swap my bad trans out and I have a converter my friend gave me from his 2001 mustang aode but I compared both the converters together and the bolts don't line up and I want to use the mustang converter cause it has a bigger stall and its smaller so what do I do??buy a diffrent flywheel if so which one do I buy and does it have a part number or do I redrill the old flywheel to make it work or can I use a diffrent flywheel from a diffrent applacation??

If it came out of an 01 Stang it ISN'T and AODE.... maybe it was a V6 lol...

This who idea sounds like a bad one.

If it came out of an 01 Stang it ISN'T and AODE.... maybe it was a V6 lol...

This who idea sounds like a bad one.

I run an 01 Converter out of a mustang, they are exactly the same as the marks. You got bent over a barrel. They have the exact same stall TCCOA.com. I just went with the Mustang one because it had lower miles and I didn't have the duckets for a high stall.

I got the converter free and it has 6,000 miles on it and it is smaller(11 inch) with a higher stall,but the bolt patern is out just a little

no its out of a 2001 mustang and it is smaller then my stock converter and I read that it is a 2500 stall,is this correct??

No stock converter from a Mustang with a 4r70w is going to be smaller. Also if it is a stock mustang converter the stall will be the same as your factory Mark converter.

How much smaller?

The only possibilities... is that the converter you got from your friend isn't a factory unit or someone swapped converters in your Mark for a 12" one due to an earlier trans failure.

A 96+ mustang converter is identical to any 96+ mark. It is an upgrade to a 93 because it has a better lockup piston.
Alan

Members online

Back