96 HID question

Staffamerica74

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright so I cracked and start getting stuff to convert my car to Hids I bought on housing so far nib but i dont think it comes with the bulb and I know it doesnt come with a ballast. I am wondering if 97-98 ballasts and bulbs work. Thanks in advance.

Alright so I cracked and start getting stuff to convert my car to Hids I bought on housing so far nib but i dont think it comes with the bulb and I know it doesnt come with a ballast. I am wondering if 97-98 ballasts and bulbs work. Thanks in advance.

just my opinion here,but i bought housings and then got a regular ds2 kit on ebay and made a mount for them ,i wanted to stay away from lincolns discountinued parts as much as possible,i think 97-98 work fine ,just too darn expensive

hey what kit did you buy. I'm having trouble picking out a good ds2 setup. I wanted something with good parts that I will not have trouble finding replacement for when I need them.

In my opinion, since replacement parts aren't going to be available, you'd be better served not paying a premium for older parts only to inevitably have to replace them later.

Every time I turn on my HID head lights, I wince, knowing that I'm a getting closer to having a bulb burn out and then having to replace the system.

hey what kit did you buy. I'm having trouble picking out a good ds2 setup. I wanted something with good parts that I will not have trouble finding replacement for when I need them.

nothing too special,not a brand name,the ds2 bulbs are all interchangeable as far as i know,as long as my ballast holds up for 4-5 years i'll be happy,the kits are getting so cheap they will soon not cost more than needing new halogns every couple years.

Members online

No members online now.
Back