'98Mark VIII Drivers side mirror cracked!

turn_on68

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where one can get this glass for this mirror? Dealer and Max says it is monochromatic and just the mirror glass is like $285 or so. The whole mirror assembly is over $700.

turn_on68 said:
Does anyone know where one can get this glass for this mirror? Dealer and Max says it is monochromatic and just the mirror glass is like $285 or so. The whole mirror assembly is over $700.

Yeah, I need to know too. Mine needs to be replaced.

fossten said:
YESSSS! Thanks!

you can do what I did and take off the outside plastic peice( the part that makes it tint. if thats the part thats broken, it may not be the glass.

BlackMark8Li said:
you can do what I did and take off the outside plastic peice( the part that makes it tint. if thats the part thats broken, it may not be the glass.

I was wondering how to fix that. It is tinted on the lower half and I can't see very well in it. So it's just the frame around the glass part, huh?

But how do you take the plastic frame off? I've looked at this thing for a while already.

Carefully

I ran a small exacto blade around the edge of it just to separate it from the plastic cover. Mine had oil between the plastic cover and the actual glass mirror. It was not really that difficult to replace. Just had a hell of a time getting all of the oil off of it. The new lense is held in place by double sided tape. Haven't lost it yet even with some 120+ MPH rides. I also used a hot glue gun to put the plastic back on. looks like original but is definately clearer.

bufordtpisser said:
I ran a small exacto blade around the edge of it just to separate it from the plastic cover. Mine had oil between the plastic cover and the actual glass mirror. It was not really that difficult to replace. Just had a hell of a time getting all of the oil off of it. The new lense is held in place by double sided tape. Haven't lost it yet even with some 120+ MPH rides. I also used a hot glue gun to put the plastic back on. looks like original but is definately clearer.

That's EXACTLY what's wrong with mine. Thanks! I'll get right on it.

Thanks for the mirror advice. The discoloration on the left mirror is my problem too.

left side mirror

turn_on68 said:

hi i am partigh out a 93 mark viii, i but the car to use the engine and the suspenssion in a kit car and ac cobra 1965, i have the mirror is sitingh in the car. if u want the whole mirror is yours. you put the price and is yors. :give

my email is rob281165@yahoo.com

best regards Robert

Members online

No members online now.
Back