A couple questions...

NJack2AF

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay I am in a dilemma... and I need you experts' help! I recently purchased an '04 Lincoln LS V8. I LOVE IT!

Now the sound system is awesome, but when I listen to rap I want some extreme bass. I have the system planned out but there are two things I need to figure out.

1. I am going to be running ~3kw RMS and am going to need a deep cycle battery in addition to the stock battery and either a very HO alt or an alt rack for a second one. I cannot find anyone that can make a HO alt for this car and I don't think there is much room for a rack and another... so I am looking for suggestions here, I don't want to kill the alternator.

2. Can I run the amp off of the stock head unit? I know this is usually a no but I thought I might have got lucky with this car since it is newer lol. I have no problem with getting a new HU, but I read that an amplifier for the front speakers resides in the stock one. Does anyone know the wattage of this amp? I do not want to take this amp out and run the speakers off of the aftermarket HU so I am looking for suggestions here as well...

Thanks guys,

Nick

#1: the only option for alternator I know of is:

Ohio Generator - part number 7795-185
185 running amps / 235 - 250 max amps output
$618 retail

#2: Yes - many of us do this - you need a PIE adapter to add RCA output jacks to the HU - then run those to our amp. The LS uses a low-level output - so depending on your amp you may need to add some converters in-line. There are lots of threads on this - probably worth your while reading through them first.

Awesome thanks a lot. Thats funny with Ohio Generator because they were the first place I called and the guy said he would have to do some research... Maybe it's because with 3kw I will probably need more than that..

couldn't you use two farad caps? cuz i'm runnin about 2kw rms and my lights dim when the sub is knocking loud and the rpm's and speedometer needles drop like 3 marks when it hits hard too.
and i don't have an outrageous system

Yeah I plan to use a power cell (like a farad cap but much bigger... same concept) BUT they are only really good for the quick hits, the alternator won't be able to recharge the battery fast enough when I am bumping hard for long periods of time and that puts stress on it... Then again I don't really listen to it at ~145db that often lol so I am probably only going to be sending it ~1000-1500w most of the time anyways.. I guess I can just see how it goes with the stocker...

Do you guys know what the power going from that stocker amp in the HU is?

Members online

No members online now.
Back