A "cupola" questions about my 98 LSC

smokinlsc

LVC Member
Reaction score
1 - The steering feels heavy all the time ,kinda like the speed sensitive steering is not working. Any thoughts ? 2- When pulling into and out of driveways and stopping, the car sought of makes creaky noises. Any thoughts? 3- The front windshield molding has a rubber strip between it and the window. Is that separate from the molding and is it still available ,as mine is dried out and warping a little. HELP!

I flushed my power steering fluid with Lucas synthetic fluid and it felt allot better, easier to park at low speeds and on the highway it Firmed up nice. I would recommend a flush and fill with new Lucas synthetic fluid.

1 - The steering feels heavy all the time ,kinda like the speed sensitive steering is not working. Any thoughts ? 2- When pulling into and out of driveways and stopping, the car sought of makes creaky noises. Any thoughts? 3- The front windshield molding has a rubber strip between it and the window. Is that separate from the molding and is it still available ,as mine is dried out and warping a little. HELP!

Creaky noises?

I would advise that you check your ball joints asap.

I'm not saying that's the problem, but if it is you will be in a world of hurt if one lets go.

I flushed my power steering fluid with Lucas synthetic fluid and it felt allot better, easier to park at low speeds and on the highway it Firmed up nice. I would recommend a flush and fill with new Lucas synthetic fluid.

Thanks . Will give it a try.

Ball joints

Creaky noises?

I'm not saying that's the problem, but if it is you will be in a world of hurt if one lets go.
They were checked by my friend / Mechanic he said the front end components are all tight. Are there any body bushings on these cars that could b the cause?

Thanks. Bad ball joints !

Creaky noises?

Good call. Had my friend check the front end. I need upper and lower ball joints,left and right.Control arms and stabilizer links left and right. More money into the money pit! :(

Members online

Back