A lil race with a new mustang gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
13.6 for the 5 speed 05 stang stock. so giving that guy in the stang with mods... now giving him the benifit of the doubt, at best 13.0-13.2! so i can see about 15 car lengths!

MarkVIII93 said:
Its not suprising, They are obviously faster.... But how come its a number game with which car is faster? On every car forum? I think that my car could hang with a mustang from a 40 roll. Especially a stock one.

for me it's not a numbers game...I have actually raced 05's with my car, more than once, and they are faster than my car.

You cant really say that every and all 05' GT's are identical. Say if you tested four Stick 05 GT's, 1/4 mile times etc. will vary from car to car.

MarkVIII93 said:
98's = The slowest of the lot.

Actually the 96 GT's were best known for being the slowest of the lot. Either way they were both a part of the non-PI headed 4.6 GT's which had crap for power anyways.

MarkVIII93 said:
I think I could hang with an auto 05' from a 35-40 mph roll. My car is stock except for exhaust and a shift kit.

Sorry but the auto 05's arent too slow either. You might have a chance against an auto vert 05. Stock manual 05 GT's have been deep deep deep into the 13's with a good driver in total stock form. Add an aftermarket shifter, exhaust, and some good sticky tires with a good driver and you will scrape 12's. They aren't gods gift to musclecars, but they aren't slouches either.

MarkVIII93 said:
You cant really say that every and all 05' GT's are identical. Say if you tested four Stick 05 GT's, 1/4 mile times etc. will vary from car to car.

Not meaning to look like I am picking on you but yes you pretty much can. Given the same driver, same configuration of car, and same atmospheric conditon on the same track with a full tank of gas 4 Mustang GT's or any other new car (aka no maintence problems affecting engine) for that matter would post very very very close if not almost identical times as long as all 4 are configured the same, aka auto vs manual or coupe vs vert, Mach 1000 stereo system vs stock. I would say probably within a few hundrendths of a second. Yes there will be tiny little variances in the times because even in that controlled of an environment there will be outside factors, mainly affecting the drivers concentration level.

I would say the best match for your car would be a 99-04 PI headed Mustang GT putting out 260 flywheel. Yes it doesn't have as much power as you but it is lighter as well.

rocket5979 said:
Sorry but the auto 05's arent too slow either. You might have a chance against an auto vert 05. Stock manual 05 GT's have been deep deep deep into the 13's with a good driver in total stock form. Add an aftermarket shifter, exhaust, and some good sticky tires with a good driver and you will scrape 12's. They aren't gods gift to musclecars, but they aren't slouches either.

Not meaning to look like I am picking on you but yes you pretty much can. Given the same driver, same configuration of car, and same atmospheric conditon on the same track with a full tank of gas 4 Mustang GT's or any other new car (aka no maintence problems affecting engine) for that matter would post very very very close if not almost identical times as long as all 4 are configured the same, aka auto vs manual or coupe vs vert, Mach 1000 stereo system vs stock. I would say probably within a few hundrendths of a second. Yes there will be tiny little variances in the times because even in that controlled of an environment there will be outside factors, mainly affecting the drivers concentration level.

I would say the best match for your car would be a 99-04 PI headed Mustang GT putting out 260 flywheel. Yes it doesn't have as much power as you but it is lighter as well.
By 98's I was referring to mark 8's....Driver inconsistency is ALWAYS a factor.

MarkVIII93 said:
By 98's I was referring to mark 8's....Driver inconsistency is ALWAYS a factor.

Ok, sorry for the mixup on the 98 vehicles thing. It seemed that you were still referring to the GT.

You are right, driver inconsistency is always a factor when looking at all aspects, but not in the context that you put it in. Your post made no mention of driver factors being involved, just strict car to car comparison.

my moms )5 mustang gt dynoed at 330hp with only flowmaster h pipe installed no other mods and im telling you theres not much taht can hang with it. blows my mark away any day of the week at any speed

Bates93Mark8 said:
my moms )5 mustang gt dynoed at 330hp with only flowmaster h pipe installed no other mods and im telling you theres not much taht can hang with it. blows my mark away any day of the week at any speed

Is that number STD, SAE? 330 fwhp with only a catback on the 05 is a little extreme let alone if that number is supposed to be rwhp. Not calling you out or anything but it seems that your probably a little mistaken in those numbers. Either that or the tuner blew smoke up someones butt. It does happen.

They have about 305 fwhp STOCK. So you probably just made that up and said the flows and an H-pipe gave you 25 hp. BTW everybody! Mustang GTs only weigh 200-300 lbs less than our marks.

Why does this sound like the same old thread? I agree depending on the Driver a Mark VIII might stay with a GT Mustang pre 05..

But our Marks were not designed to be Sports Cars with Luxury. They were designed to be Luxury cars with some Sport Car qualities.

With some work they will have some get up and go! Stock they are a very nice car and very very fun to drive but they are not Sport Cars. We just like driving them like they are.

We like them because we can buy the cheap. $3000 can get you a lot of car. We like them because they come with a lot of equipment. We like them because they get great gas mileage for a big car. We like them because they are faster than your average Luxury car and your average car and will spank a lot of ricers with out NOS or Turbos. We like them because they have a V-8 32 valve engine. We like them because they make so many mods for the Mustang that will fit on our cars and we can make them go much faster.

But we have to remember even though we love these cars they still are not greatest car ever made, But it sure feels like it.

The autos feel only a tad bit faster than my car. So I think I could hang with an one pretty easily.

MarkVIII93 said:
The autos feel only a tad bit faster than my car. So I think I could hang with an one pretty easily.

Dude I can only put this one way. Your car is heavier, has less horsepower, less torque, and is backed with a 4 speed auto tranny versus the 5 speed auto they have, and probably doesn't have as good a rear gears as what the GT's have.

Your car is relatively stock so you should be pulling about mid-low 15's in the 1/4 mile. That 05 GT even with the auto will pull high 13's-low 14's alllllll day long. I don't know if you have ever seen how big an actual full second difference in the 1/4 mile looks like, but it isn't close I will tell you that. You have a nice car and it isn't no slouch but at least take the time to realize what it truly can and cannot do. 2005 Mustang GT is out of the question for you unless it is a manual with a really really bad driver, period. Like I said before, a 99-04 Mustang GT would be allot more along your lines.

rocket5979 said:
Dude I can only put this one way. Your car is heavier, has less horsepower, less torque, and is backed with a 4 speed auto tranny versus the 5 speed auto they have, and probably doesn't have as good a rear gears as what the GT's have.

Your car is relatively stock so you should be pulling about mid-low 15's in the 1/4 mile. That 05 GT even with the auto will pull high 13's-low 14's alllllll day long. I don't know if you have ever seen how big an actual full second difference in the 1/4 mile looks like, but it isn't close I will tell you that. You have a nice car and it isn't no slouch but at least take the time to realize what it truly can and cannot do. 2005 Mustang GT is out of the question for you unless it is a manual with a really really bad driver, period. Like I said before, a 99-04 Mustang GT would be allot more along your lines.
Mid to low 15's? Ask Geno about stock marks running mid 14's. The auto's definetly DO NOT feel like high 13 second cars at all. And they definetly arent! My buddy smoked an 05' in his mid 14 second supercharged monte carlo.

Magazine racing? Why would you even post a link to a site like that? I wouldnt trust those sites for any specs besides hp and tq.

MarkVIII93 said:
98's = The slowest of the lot.

ehhm,excuse me sir....
lol i kick the crap outta a regualr gt (99 gt),and a 95ish lincoln mark,not an LSC btw...and these were on seperate occasions id say 1 to 2 weeks apart on the same road.
on woodside ave it's known to have a bunch of runners...lol he(gt) couldnt reach my bummper. at a light it was funny....he was revvin it up like he was all souped up guyz lookin my way from my right,i was like yeah alright......lol his crap was screeemin for help i was about 5 cars ahead just as he was getting from red that turned green..i was like wtf takin him so long?..... and it was with 2 guyz in his car...they were stupified!
as for the 95ish lincoln mark...he was another characture...yeah he had rims,but the body need alil tlc paint suckd all dull and tonz of orange peel..but i could here he had some mufflers on,anyways...his shhiit stank as he stepped on the peddle,and yeah i let him go alil before me just to see what he got(id say about 3 to 5 cars up)..lol i was like wtf?...BIG BLACK smoke puffs commin from his ass and he still kept goin..i was like lmmfao go ahead man you can have this one for a minute...i really didnt want to play with that.but i was like get the f outta here,so i sped right passed him just on the left doin 78,lol with horn blazin in all at him and lmfao!then i noticed he slowed down abit meaning he was like 5 to 7 cars behind after i passed him. as i kept goin i saw in my rear mirror..he had blown something cause he put on his emergancy lights on and pulled over to the side....i said to myself whatta ass! the next day the car was still there on the side of the road. poor guy!

why is it anytime someone smokes a mark that everyone acts suprised and then goes on to tell how they could have won?
mark8s are awesome cars and id like to own one.. but theyre not the worlds greatest sports car or anything.

MarkVIII93 said:
Magazine racing? Why would you even post a link to a site like that? I wouldnt trust those sites for any specs besides hp and tq.

dude motortrend is VERY accurate. they are the ONLY mag i trust. you got professional test drivers. who are you going to believe then some kid that "claims" he does this and that? the only other way for me to believe something is to see it... and also i will post anything from anywhere i want! thank you very much! :D

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
dude motortrend is VERY accurate. they are the ONLY mag i trust. you got professional test drivers. who are you going to believe then some kid that "claims" he does this and that? the only other way for me to believe something is to see it... and also i will post anything from anywhere i want! thank you very much! :D

BRING IT ON...BRING IT ON...JOEY THUMBS UP ;)

Nakoa said:
why is it anytime someone smokes a mark that everyone acts suprised and then goes on to tell how they could have won?
mark8s are awesome cars and id like to own one.. but theyre not the worlds greatest sports car or anything.

SINCE YOU PUT YOUR NOSE INTO SOMETHING:shifty: :p ...
FIRST OFF BUDDY...((((LOL))) YOU HAVE A TOWN CAR:rolleyes: !!! ((NO COMPARISON TO A MARK8 WHICH IS A SPORTS CAR..LIKE AS IN LUXURY SPORT COUPE))..NOW BASED ON WHAT I SEE IN UR PHOTO GALLERY THATS NOT A SPORTS CAR MY FRIEND...IMO..IT'S A GRAMPA'S CAR.AND SECONDLY...YOU DONT OWN A MARK 8 (LSC) YET TO KNOW OR SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE PREFORMANCE IN THNGS...MY SUGGESTION BUY ONE FEEL IT OUT AND THEN SAY SOMETHING.

SO HOW MANY RACES WITH OTHER T/C OR CADDIES OF THAT SIZE HAVE GRAMPS WON WITH THAT BOAT?...:)D HEHEH:D ))))

LSCGODDESS98 said:
SINCE YOU PUT YOUR NOSE INTO SOMETHING:shifty: :p ...
FIRST OFF BUDDY...((((LOL))) YOU HAVE A TOWN CAR:rolleyes: !!! ((NO COMPARISON TO A MARK8 WHICH IS A SPORTS CAR..LIKE AS IN LUXURY SPORT COUPE))..NOW BASED ON WHAT I SEE IN UR PHOTO GALLERY THATS NOT A SPORTS CAR MY FRIEND...IMO..IT'S A GRAMPA'S CAR.AND SECONDLY...YOU DONT OWN A MARK 8 (LSC) YET TO KNOW OR SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE PREFORMANCE IN THNGS...MY SUGGESTION BUY ONE FEEL IT OUT AND THEN SAY SOMETHING.

SO HOW MANY RACES WITH OTHER T/C OR CADDIES OF THAT SIZE HAVE GRAMPS WON WITH THAT BOAT?...:)D HEHEH:D ))))
Thank you! People judge cars that they dont own or have never driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back