a year later..

Lux

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'll keep it short and sweet.

A year ago I ran into the back of this guys pickup coming around a bunch of stopped traffic with bad tires and shot brakes...2nd gear, chirp, brakes, slide smash. It was totally my fault and I was being careless. Add in a nice hot slippery intersection on a slight downgrade in rush hour traffic with bad tires....yup. :(

The guy was mad about his brakes locking up but they they freed up and it didnt even scratch his truck and it was fine. I was super pissed at myself and of course i had just quit smoking cigarettes a few weeks prior...so its not good right now. We decided to pull the cars off the road, wait for the cops...and the only business is to pull into is....? A tobacco shop..why wouldnt it be? hah

As soon as we pull off into the tobacco shop the bags slam, air lines are sliced, a headlight bulb/ballast is out, Nice. Laying frame, hissing, hood wont open, rad support pushed in, grille smashed, bumper toast, fender wrecked, headlights pushed into the rad support, all banged, up...right next to all the tobacco i could shove my face with....hot and humid a million degrees outside, just getting off work. It was rough. The cops come, nothing was reported they didnt see anything. It was hurting, his truck was fine. I called a flatbed and towed it back to jersey.

Back in jersey it rests two days later a storm comes by and a tree smashes out the windshield. Adding insult to injury i had the tint removed and re applied with brand new tint, adding a strip across the top of the windshield 3 days prior to the accident..ruined again.If that wasnt enough, my registration, inspection, and insurance all expired 3 days after that....so doing what was best and smartest since getting it into a shop, fixed, all the parts, paint? etc....yeah.. i pulled the car off the road to fix when possible because its going to cost some loot and i need to have a vehicle.

So i purchase a 96 Mazda Mx6 M edition for 1600 bucks but we wont talk about that. I blew the engine on the drive home with it. Fun car, for about 3 days, about 3 different times. Once again hot and sweaty summer i get an engine for the mx6, more problems, we wont talk about that car it was the biggest piece of dog chit pain in the ass ever, never again.

So still 4 days later..i've got smashed lincoln, smashed windshield, blown up mx6, i pick up a ranger pickup for 400 bucks, drive that for a little, then sell it for next to nothing, drop some loot on a 94 lifted toyota on 36's because its still winter i want to play in the snow, my lincolns beat up and i dont want it getting worked on in the cold, winshields, etc, its snowing, im plowing...to much bull to deal with..i need some parts. So I grab the yota, and well it was by far one of the coolest little big trucks ive had, 22re, 5 speed, locked in the back, 36" super swampers, 7" lift... great fun little truck, but that spun a rod bearing 3 weeks later...so apparently im just not allowed to own or drive anything right now and I begin to accept that.

I sell everything off, liquidate, part, do whatever and recoup, so by now the weather is starting to break, work is picking back up, and i make some plans. Get a nice PPG windshield and get all the body shop estimates...couldnt believe some of the as*holes and places i went to to just get an estimate but i found someone who was good enough to have pictures of him and chip foose on the wall shaking hands...he does nice work, younger guy, ambitious...i didnt want some redneck with a come along and a tree stump working on my car, niether was i paying 7500 dollars to have it fixed and painted...haha crazyness.

Pics -

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

2011-06-08_19-03-39_678.jpg

2011-06-08_20-09-13_223.jpg

back.jpg

Its nice to have it back , they did a great job, pics dont do it justice you can still see where the top of the rad is bent but i straightened that out, coulda been alot worse, taken out my hood, air bags, etc.. Has a scuff on the support where they pulled it out while on the rack that just gives it character. The paint has seen two bad winters of people close to me absolutely abusing it so its not that bad at all. The fender was a perfect match. Parts were around 200 bucks + the windshield which was pretty cheap, the body shop was 700 flat to do all the work. You cant even tell it was bent..it was pretty bad and the lights mangled it even worse , rad support brackets were trashed and the sheet metal was so bent in behind it all, everything was. I'll probably hit it with some black and gloss in the future and get the grille black again with some crispy headlights. It has full coverage now.

I had it for 2 days and then of course the compressor went out, so i should have it up and running in a week, then its getting Hubswapped with tons of other goodies.. :cool:

Oh yeah...and after all that, i loved my Lincoln to much to break down and do it, we shared a moment of hurt right then and there...so i pulled through and its been 13.5 months and no cigarettes...eff tobacco, i want lincoln parts. :D

Good story man, glad to hear she is back on the road! Mine is still holding a driveway down....just waiting on another project to move out of the way.

Great job, and it's looking very good. It's so refreshing to hear someome admit to there mistakes and not try to blame someone else. Best of luck to you.

Congrats man!! You should have called me up dude my body Guy who does ALL my cars since 1985 is the BEST in the area, all he does is niche' stuff, even has done some Jay Leno cars in the past. Reasonable and local.

Great job, and it's looking very good. It's so refreshing to hear someome admit to there mistakes and not try to blame someone else. Best of luck to you.

Thank you. Stuff happens, it was my fault. Sucks the road was slippery, hot, tires were bad, rushhour philly traffic to boot, but regardless im still ultimately to blame..i was driving.

Great Save!! Neat place for your boost gage too.

haha, i couldnt bear to see this car go anywhere..

People thought i'd sell it, or part it and just buy another one..but i looked to long for this one and he's been way to good to me.

Congrats man!! You should have called me up dude my body Guy who does ALL my cars since 1985 is the BEST in the area, all he does is niche' stuff, even has done some Jay Leno cars in the past. Reasonable and local.

Thanks geno! im going to pm you for his info..

You should see the cars that come out of this guys place...same kind of deal, i went and got LOTS of estimates he was right in the middle, had all the state of the art facility, and hooked it up. Did a really nice job, the cars that come out of his place are sick..i might have him paint it too.

Good, dude. No complaints here. Probably wind up with the '12 SRT8 next year or so just because.

I haven't done much drag racing with this car. 22s kinda don't help things. lol

Members online

Back