ABS Light and Check AdvanceTrac

Mussolini1996

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I was driving my car to my hometown over the weekend which is about 200 miles away from where I live now, and just before I arrived my check advance warning came on, along with the ABS and AdvanceTrac Lights. Now I've read quite a few threads about this and it looks like it can be a simple fix by cleaning the wheel sensor or as expensive as replacing the ABS control Module. My questions are as follows:

1. If I use an OBDII Code Reader will it pick up these codes???

2. I just got my tranny flushed right before this trip. Is there any correlation between getting that done and my current problem???

3. If it is a wheel sensor would that be the wheel speed sensor or the tranny speed sensor and how do I know wheech wheel is causing the problem???

1. A generic OBDII reader will not pick up the ABS codes. You need one with the Ford specific add-on.
2. No relation.
3. If it is a speed sensor, it will be one of the wheel speed sensors.

when i had this problem it was the shift solenoid

Would an auto parts store have the proper code reader for me to use???

How difficult is it to replace the shift solenoid and how much did it cost you???

If you can find someone with the ford diagnostic system they can plug in and tell you almost exactly what the problem is. I had the same error and the diagnostic showed that all the sensors were working perfectly but the AdvanceTrac module was having intermittent errors. The program even gave the exact part number of the currect replacement. Non of the autoparts stores will be able to scan this for you. I assume you can purchase the computer but I don't know if it is worth it.

Hi I am new to this.. I own a 2001 Ls 3.9 and I change the lower ball joints in my car an a few days later the "Check Advancetrac" came on but before that the "ABS" came on first... Does anyone had this issue..?

Ok thanks FASTLLS... Its going to suck going to the dealer they charge to much...

So, yay me! Brakes intermittently sponge out. Took to shop. They are saying I need a new ABS module controller. Gave the following codes:
C1062 - nothing Lincoln specific ????
C1145 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Circuit Failure
C1234 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Missing
C1262 - Rear wheel speed comparison failure.
C1805 - Mismatched (PCM) and/or (ABS/TCS) Module

I did my front wheel hubs a few months ago. But just started getting ABS and ADVANCETRAC lights and warnings yesterday. C1805 makes no sense since neither of these modules have been replaced. Do you guys think Lincoln will just need to reconfigure/ref lash/calibrate the ABS Module or what? Any input is appreciated.

Did they do any real diagnostics? (measure continuity on the wiring, scope signals, ...) Or did they just read codes and guess?
It's possible that you have major wiring harness problems, and the mismatch code is due to bad communication between the ABS module and the PCM.
(Of course, it's possible that they are right and the ABS module is failing.)

I highly doubt there was anything in depth done. I'm guessing that I will just have to lube up and go to the dealership.

I did my front wheel hubs a few months ago.

I think I would start by checking the wiring to the right front wheel sensor. Make sure it was routed correctly and the connector isn't loose. Try unplugging and replugging the sensor wire in case there is a bit of spot corrosion between the connector internal meet points (you wouldn't believe the number of circuits I've fixed by having the field tech "exercise the jack", which is what this would be). My thinking here is that the codes being set by the one wheel hub might be causing the rest of them. I could be wrong, but this is a much cheaper repair attempt than replacing the ABS module will be.

I think I would also check the condition of the battery, since electrical issues on the LS tend to cause weird electrical faults and there is no one "when I see this it means the battery's going" fault.

Bosch makes a code reader that will read Ford ABS and handling system codes.

Good luck.

just fyi, on my case, when i changed the front wheel hubs - the advance trac light came on. all that was needed
was a dealer to reflash / program the system and it would correct the issue.

I had them check the connectors for both driver and passenger hubs. Both were seated properly and since they are new, no corrosion.

I mentioned reflashing/etc to the service advisor at Lincoln. It's on it's way to the stealership now. So we will see what they say.

image.jpg

image.jpg

depending on how "spongy" the brakes sometimes go... maybe he didn't feel safe driving it over there?

I had them check the connectors for both driver and passenger hubs. Both were seated properly and since they are new, no corrosion.

I mentioned reflashing/etc to the service advisor at Lincoln. It's on it's way to the stealership now. So we will see what they say.

View attachment 828475314

Not a flatbed?? IIRC, the manual states using a flatbed for towing. That CAN'T be good on the transmission...

Not a flatbed?? IIRC, the manual states using a flatbed for towing. That CAN'T be good on the transmission...

I do see a dolly under the rear wheels, so they shouldn't be turning and the transmission should be okay. However, I don't like at all the stresses of being towed that way on the body/frame. I would insist on a flatbed too.

I was hoping there would be an answer to this by now.

I can't wrap my head around why you would tow the car that has ABS/AdvanceTrac lights on. I have probably put hundreds of miles on my LS with those lights on, lol.

If you are giving away money, let me have some!

Members online

Back