ABS Light and Check AdvanceTrac

yeah, i drove mine for a good while before it finally got to the dealer for reprogram.

...and FLATBED.

I wouldn't let those Gorillas touch my car!

My local Lincoln dealer doesn't really think Lincoln made the LS, they think I just put Lincoln stars on some other kind of car.

So far as a tow truck goes, I've always told the tow truck companies, the few times I've needed one, to not bother sending a truck if they can't send a flatbed because I won't allow my vehicle on anything else. Lincoln LS or not, if it isn't a flatbed I'm not using it. I don't like the idea of someone driving a company vehicle pulling my vehicle on the road over who knows what because he doesn't care what he drives the tow truck over or through.

Not a flatbed?? IIRC, the manual states using a flatbed for towing. That CAN'T be good on the transmission...

honestly, I thought the same, but after looking at the 01 manual in the tech articles(page 191), it does say that either a flat bet or a wheel lift truck can b used, just not a slingebelt truck.

I was hoping there would be an answer to this by now.

I can't wrap my head around why you would tow the car that has ABS/AdvanceTrac lights on. I have probably put hundreds of miles on my LS with those lights on, lol.

If you are giving away money, let me have some!

I'm not giving away money at all. I have AAA. It wasn't safe for me to make a 10 mile drive to the Lincoln Dealer and I wasn't taking any chances. The brakes would intermittently stop working. Why are you so concerned about how I chose to move my vehicle? Or that I'm not choosing to do something the way you would?

Additionally, I have the GEN1 LSE bumper on my car. There is no opening for access to the tow hook. I would prefer not to damage the bumper. The flatbed that showed up wouldn't touch it because I wouldn't allow access through the bumper to get to the tow hook. I'm quite sure that there is another way to put it on the flatbed without that or using pulleys. I would think that a tow truck operator would know this. Which was the second reason I refused and requested a different company to plop it on dollys. Call me crazy if you like, but there isn't anything wrong with towing it on dollys.

Remove ABS fuse, and brakes work (without ABS) all the time.

Remove ABS fuse, and brakes work (without ABS) all the time.

Nice. I had no idea. Maybe to get from point a to b. But I couldn't see just driving around with a disabled safety feature all the time. Well. In the future if I have this issue I'll save a tow. Thanks for the know-how joegr!

As an update. They want to replace the front passenger wheel hub assembly. The tech (who is described as the LS professor) is saying that the sensor is giving out and causing the issue. Since they are new, they wouldn't be in need of a cleaning. I don't drive through mud or on any dirt roads. The connectors were checked by the first shop. The other codes are the LS being the LS and just throwing random codes. I told them that if it isn't fixed by replacing with a new hub then they will be removing it and starting from scratch cause I won't be paying for it. The advisor agreed and I'll know a little later today the results.

Did your hubs come with new sensors? I know the ones I installed from Timken did. I had the ABS light on and replaced the front wheel sensor which cleared the light for a while until the hub gave out and threw a bunch of grime all over the sensor needing replaced again. I'm guessing the hub was well on its way out when the ABS light first appeared and replacing the sensor was a band aid until the hub became worse. If my front sensor needed to be replaced again I would just replace hub and sensor at once.

Last edited:
I'm not giving away money at all. I have AAA. It wasn't safe for me to make a 10 mile drive to the Lincoln Dealer and I wasn't taking any chances. The brakes would intermittently stop working. Why are you so concerned about how I chose to move my vehicle? Or that I'm not choosing to do something the way you would?

Additionally, I have the GEN1 LSE bumper on my car. There is no opening for access to the tow hook. I would prefer not to damage the bumper. The flatbed that showed up wouldn't touch it because I wouldn't allow access through the bumper to get to the tow hook. I'm quite sure that there is another way to put it on the flatbed without that or using pulleys. I would think that a tow truck operator would know this. Which was the second reason I refused and requested a different company to plop it on dollys. Call me crazy if you like, but there isn't anything wrong with towing it on dollys.

That tow truck driver was either lazy or an idiot. Maybe he was close to the end of his shift or just didn't want to take the time. Access to the tow hook isn't at all necessary to load onto a flatbed. I've had it done twice with my wife's LS; once for 85 miles as we have the AAA+ membership. A strap around each lower control arm and the car is easily and gingerly pulled onto the flatbed.

Some people's children (not you)......

That tow truck driver was either lazy or an idiot. Maybe he was close to the end of his shift or just didn't want to take the time. Access to the tow hook isn't at all necessary to load onto a flatbed. I've had it done twice with my wife's LS; once for 85 miles as we have the AAA+ membership. A strap around each lower control arm and the car is easily and gingerly pulled onto the flatbed.

Some people's children (not you)......

This is why I opted to have truck with dollys Coke get it. :).

Well, I have him back. It was the wheel hub assembly itself. I'm not going to devulge how much it cost. Kinda embarrassing. But with having back surgery in a couple weeks and having the flu on top of it, there was no way I was getting into replacing it myself. I'll gladly pay for the convenience. THIS TIME.

This is why I opted to have truck with dollys Coke get it. :).

Well, I have him back. It was the wheel hub assembly itself. I'm not going to devulge how much it cost. Kinda embarrassing. But with having back surgery in a couple weeks and having the flu on top of it, there was no way I was getting into replacing it myself. I'll gladly pay for the convenience. THIS TIME.

DUDE!!!!!! Is this cold/flu nasty or WHAT?? I've had a sore throat for a week now. After 4 days I thought it was over and then it came back with a vengeance! I've never had a cold/flu go from my lungs to my head before! The other way yes, but not this way! Hope you get well soon!

DUDE!!!!!! Is this cold/flu nasty or WHAT?? I've had a sore throat for a week now. After 4 days I thought it was over and then it came back with a vengeance! I've never had a cold/flu go from my lungs to my head before! The other way yes, but not this way! Hope you get well soon!

I haven't gotten sick like this since before I quit smoking cigarettes 2 1/2 years ago. This is sh!tty.

Members online

Back