ac from 60* to 120*

LsPlayboy18

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was sittinh in my car with the ac at 60* and all of a sudden it started blowing heat out, no matter what I change the thermostat to i get the same hotass air. Mechanic checked the freeon and said it wasnt the problem. Any one know or heard this problem. The air the car blows out no matter what the setting is at the MAX heat, not outside air or normal air.
Thanks alot

What kind of LS is this (year, engine, etc.)?

It's not the freon, its the electronics that control the system. 00-02 models have a known issue with the electronic temp control and I believe there are TSBs on it. The dealer should be able to fix this issue -- for a price, of course.

i had similar problem except the driver side did get quite so hot but not ice cold like usual and the passenger side would get max hot but then i would turn the car off for minimum of 3 minutes turn back on and its not a problem then sometimes it will go out again after a nice long drive

there is a sensor in there that messes up. i believe the owner of LSkoncepts knows how to fix this..

one side blows hot while the other stays how u want it.. i usually just close my vents.. let the cold air circulate and wait.. then i turn off the AC.. and put it back on..

my car is 2000 v8 too with 80000 miles. i think our problems are linked

There is a service bulletin on the issue. My 2002 v8 would occasionally blew hot air out driver side vents but would correct itself after being parked for awhile .Turned out to be the DCCV.

Try a search on your problem - several post here about it.

that happend to me as well... did you recently change or remove your stereo? if so the wires are probably not connected correcly and it is reading the temp incorrectly and hence the hot air thats coming out...

Members online

No members online now.
Back