Acura TL-S VS Lincoln LS

Race Car

Am I the only one reading all this and saying.... Who cares?

Neither the TL or the LS are fast. They weren't engineered to be sports cars, they are luxury sedans.

Gee Whiz---

I think I can claim that mine's a race car. And I've got the national record to prove it.:D

KS

Iight well my tune is sorta.. Rich.

I Really should just go to the track and get my time and that solves my curiostiy. If i dont get faster than 14.5 than he can beat me.

But what you guys are gonna disagree with, is i think, With my skill and driving this car for 5 years, And my engine being in tip top shape, i can run a 13.9

Sounds extreme but i need to pull that number and shov it in my buddys face.

As to the concerns of my age, im 25 years old. Really, if your older than that, get the hell off your computer and go to work and feedd your family LOL jokes.

But what you guys are gonna disagree with, is i think, With my skill and driving this car for 5 years, And my engine being in tip top shape, i can run a 13.9

I will have what he is having. :eek:

I will put money on your inability to hit 13's with the car as you have described it. Toss a little NO2 on it, maybe.

Regardless, the best you can do is take it to the track and find out. It will be rewarding either way.

Iight well my tune is sorta.. Rich.

:lol:Good luck hitting 13.9.

That's a S type R, 550I, E550 territory on a bad day. And, those cars make about 30% - 40% more hp that the LS.

:eek:
for mark viii's, a chip with a good tune, high stall TC, intake, exhaust, and gears are needed for 13s. and although we have a little more weight, we have a bit more power to work with too.
i don't see 13s happening.

Why hasn't anyone suggested weight reduction? Gut the interior, sit on a milk crate, and give 'er hell! After you're done put it all back together and said I told you so, assuming you win.

Whatever happened to Missing_linc....he was trying to hit 13.9 NA and was having a hell of a time doing it

He hasn't been online since last December...maybe he sold his LS?

Am I the only one reading all this and saying.... Who cares?

Neither the TL or the LS are fast. They weren't engineered to be sports cars, they are luxury sedans.

You don't care?:eek: How dare you....he has a serious situation here. His ego may get bruised if his super fast 'hot tuned' LS gets beat by a bone stock TL slushbox.

Prepared to get butt hurt

Plenty of 6 bangers that can wipe the floor with your mark too.

In the end both cars are luxury vehicle not meant for racing. But its all in good fun. I don't like Hondas but the day they make a luxury Acura with a V8 and rwd i might just own one.

Plenty of 6 bangers that can wipe the floor with your mark too.

In the end both cars are luxury vehicle not meant for racing. But its all in good fun. I don't like Hondas but the day they make a luxury Acura with a V8 and rwd i might just own one.

Why you gotta pick at my ass? My current mark is a total POS and I'm gonna part it out. I'd kill to see the day that a n/a v6 wipes the floor with my truck let alone your ls'

I fixed the truck thank you very much. I have more money into my truck then you do BUYING your galant.

Sorry but the LS has nothing to do with Mitsubishi. Glad you fixed it now you can go burn the :q:q:q:q out of it again.

If you need to be educated on the history of FoMoCo vehicles we can help you out. But Mitsubishi is not and never has been associated with ford.

And i don't pick asses I rather not do what you do.

I guess i shouldnt guess numbers lol

But im also guessing no one here raced a TL-S?
Also Alax 7, the video you posted is of a 3.2 TL. Sadly the LS in that vid lost to that version.. =/

You don't care?:eek: How dare you....he has a serious situation here. His ego may get bruised if his super fast 'hot tuned' LS gets beat by a bone stock TL slushbox.

Actually, yes. Its about Ego. .. sorta..

My buddy is one of those guys who has no filter on his mouth and spews the first thought that comes into his mind. For example, if you bough an iPhone, he will tell you that your stupid cause Apple is gay and you shoulda bought a blackberry like him. He will degrade you publicly with his loud mouth.

HIS argument is that he believes im stupid for spending 9 thousand on a LS because they are UNRELIABLE cars according to consumers reports. And therefore i would have been much better off buying a TL-S or a Altima 3.5SE
Also, the LS is a slow POS and even the Altima is faster and thats why the LS sucks.

MY argurment is i spent 10 thousand to have a moderatly luxury car to be in the 14 seconds QM time.
HE spent 55 thousand to have a moderatly luxury car that is also in the 14 seconds
But he believes his car is worth the extra 45 thousand because he will spend less than me on parts and repair o_O
Both cars bought used.

So im a loser for buying the LS in other words

Which is why i want to go to the track.. AND MAKE HIM EAT THOSE WORDS

And about 13.9, i know that a "dreamer" for someone like me. But i have high hopes.

I ran a New Subaru (STI) the other day. He out accelerated me in first and second. By third i was sailing passed him. Then i gave up on the throttle cause it was getting too fast and he zoomed right passed me. His friend i nthe passanger was laughing at him caus he lost and the driver looked piiiiiiiised.

Can a TL-S take a subaru wrx sti? ^_- If not then im feeling more confident.

I ran a New Subaru (STI) the other day. He out accelerated me in first and second. By third i was sailing passed him. Then i gave up on the throttle cause it was getting too fast and he zoomed right passed me. His friend i nthe passanger was laughing at him caus he lost and the driver looked piiiiiiiised.

Can a TL-S take a subaru wrx sti? ^_- If not then im feeling more confident.

That guy didn't know how to drive then. Since you are all about quarter mile times, a WRX or an STI can run mid to low 13's unmodified on stock boost. Sorry but an LS can't hang with either Turbo Impreza. An STI will smoke a TL-S too

lol well theres no way he spent 40k+ if he bought it used. So the price difference right now realistically is more like 10-15 thousand. but i mean do as you please with your car, i dont like putting strain on my tranny or burning fuel for that matter. However i have a CDL so im not trying to pay double-priced tickets either. The race is probably a toss up that you'll never know untill you get to it.

I only raced one car in my LS when i bought it i so happen to get lined up against a rsx type s, we were neck and neck till 3rd gear when i took lead and got on the highway. Sure it felt good to beat some dude trying to show off infront of his girl, but i dont even flatter people like that anymore.

Members online

No members online now.
Back