Aftermarket Lincoln Emblems

CROWDA

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
A little background first.

The LS i just recently purchased has a mclaren grille on it. looks great however with the grille comes the aftermarket emblem which im assuming is the same as the ones available on LSKoncepts. Now for my tastes the acrylic just doesn't look right.

My question:

Is there somewhere to obtain an authentic-looking Lincoln emblem that will snap in like the cheap looking acrylic ones? Hopefully you know what I mean by authentic looking.

I have my stock grille and briefly looked at the possibility of popping that emblem off and securing it to my mclaren grille but the operation seemed too risky.

Thanks guys.

You can remove the original emblem from your original grill. Try and heat the emblem up, couple hours in the hot sun always worked for me. Slide a piece of dental floss behind the emblem and saw it off.

I used some 800 grit sand paper to wet sand the back of the original emblem and the painted the back with a couple coats of red. You can obviously use whatever color is good for you. I will look a little something like this:
REAL red lincoln emblem.jpg

Hope this helps you out.

REAL red lincoln emblem.jpg

WOW that is sick I wish the oem emblems could be bought. my front one is all pitted up. I got the LSK ones but it would look so much better with the oem ones

Well you could always buy the grill or rear license plate surround to get them... could get expensive though.

i dunno if i wanna drop a couple hundred just for the emblem lol

The OEM emblems pop right off. I'm not advocating someone stealing another person's emblems, but.........:D

Well gentlemen I'm happy to report that I have removed my OEM emblem with only minimal damage to both the emblem and the grille lol

In case anyone was curious, I held the grille up to a space heater for about 5 minutes and it came off with relative ease.

grille.jpg

could buy a grill take the emblem off and sell the grill on ebay most people dont know you cant get just the emblem ;)

I would definitely wet sand the front of that emblem and spray it with some clear. It will look 100 times better.

Well gentlemen I'm happy to report that I have removed my OEM emblem with only minimal damage to both the emblem and the grille lol

In case anyone was curious, I held the grille up to a space heater for about 5 minutes and it came off with relative ease.

grille.jpg

I would definitely wet sand the front of that emblem and spray it with some clear. It will look 100 times better.

you read my mind. i was actually just checking the thread before i head out to pick up some supplies.

while im here, any suggestions for grit, brand of clear spray and an adhesive?

thanks again guys.

grit depends on how deep the scratches are. You don't want to remove a lot of material... just roughing the surface to get the clear to stick. A couple good coats should fill the minor scratches and get a good shine.

OK heres what I ended up with.
emblems.jpg

It's not perfect but the OEM wasn't in great shape to begin with.
Process was 320 grit followed by 800 wetsand to polish.
Sprayed on some cheap clearcoat and had to touch the back up with black paint.
Lightly sanded the grille and the back of the emblem and I used plumbing goop to make it stick. Looks much better than that cheap plastic emblem i think.

I saw some oem emblems on ebay for sale. The bid was up tp 12.00 not to bad. They looked like they were in n ice shape also.

Great info, guys. The emblem on my '05 has a deep star crack, looks like a big rock hit it. I was wondering if it would come off.

Maybe I'll start checking Ebay for a replacement.

i looked tonight but i couldn't find anything. if someone does find something let me know i'd like to keep an eye on that stuff.

I just ordered a couple of his aftermarket emblems (LSK's) and am wondering what it is about them (he doesn't picture them on his site) that's supposed to be 'less' desirable than the factory ones? Mine is already beat up so I don't want to use it in the Mclaren grill.....and buying a new grill to get one is ludicrous.....

the LSK ones are flat they dont have the nice curve that the oem ones have and the center comes not painted but that means you can paint it whatever color you want. I have them and dont really have a problem with them they still look good

I wanted to switch mine because the aftermarket one i had was a flat black piece of acrylic. I really just wanted to have an OEM emblem on my mclaren.

They're not awful looking but my switch was based on personal preference.

Yes they come flat but they are flexible and conform to the grille or rear license plate surround.

Members online

Back