Air Bag Light ON!!

fonsito

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My car has never been wrecke but my problem is I was driving home at about 30mph and suddenly my airbag light starts blinking.I stop the car and turned it off wait for 1 minute and started up again and resumed my drive home but then again the light started blinking again.Right now I disconnected the battery till tommorrow morning to see if it only needs a reset.Please give me any advices on this problem.

Thanks

this subject has been discussed a thousand times man...connect your battery back on...turn on the key and check for the pattern that it flashes in...that'll help you first of all.

i just fixed the broken wire under my seat this weekend and it worked great.

Patrick00LS said:
this subject has been discussed a thousand times man...connect your battery back on...turn on the key and check for the pattern that it flashes in...that'll help you first of all.

once again, try this and get back to us

aserrano said:
Sorry the link doesnt work.Any other things on what it should be???

As was said....get the code that is flashed. That will help a lot.

Did you check under your seat and see if a connector was disconnected or wire broken as was suggested?

Last Night the light blinked several times then stayed on...

I turned off the car and turned it back on and the light was gone... Right now it hasnt turned on again...

Probably the clockspring. Easy to change, you can do it yourself. You just have to remove the steering wheel.

Symptoms of a broken clockspring:

Airbag light comes on (usually flashes 32)
Radio controls intermittent
Cruse control intermittent
Fault light illuminates depending on position of steering wheel

If you have these symptoms it is almost assuredly the clockspring (common failure on LS's). If the light doesn't come on but starts all the sudden when you turn the wheel...same thing...clockspring. If you are not having problems with any of the above besides the light then check the yellow connector under the driver's seat. Sometimes the wiring gets caught in the seat rail and pulls one of the pins out. Good luck!

I have this same problem with my 2002 LS, can you you fix this plug without removing the drivers seat. I tried to look under the seat but didn't have much luck seeing under it and dosen't seem to be room enough to work under it.
Thanks for any information.
Ken

Mine's been flashing 3-6 several times then stays on. Is that the wire under the seat? I've noticed a small box under there that isn't mounted to anything (just floping around on it's wire).

TIA

Staff online

Members online

Back