Air conditioner blowing hot air....

cableguynoe

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.... I know this has been discussed before but i did a search and couldn't find what I'm looking for.

After having my A/C on for about 15-20 minutes, it will start blowing hot air ONLY out of the two right vents. But still blows cold air out of the left 2. If I try closing the right 2 vents then the 2 left stop blowing cold air...not hot air...but not cold. Very weird!!!!!!

It started doing it last year once in a while, but it started up again and now it seems it does it every time.

Any ideas on what is causing this and what it will take to fix?......

I dont think anyone has ever successfully diagnosed or fixed this issue. But with mine, if i floored it for a couple seconds or put in neutral and revved alittle it went away. Have no idea what the correlation is though.

Dual Climate Control Valve
DCCV There is a TSB on it. The part is about $250 and $700 labor at the dealer. I just had mine done and that fixed my problem. Of course it was covered under warranty at a $0 deductable.:D

has anyone checked the compressor when this happens, it almost sounds like the compressor has a slipping clutch or is starting to fail.
either one and the air will get warm when the comp is unable to maintain the high sides pressure range.

PGA2B said:
Dual Climate Control Valve
DCCV There is a TSB on it. The part is about $250 and $700 labor at the dealer. I just had mine done and that fixed my problem. Of course it was covered under warranty at a $0 deductable.:D

I had the same problem. $950?! :eek: I'll roll the windows down...;)

I had the same problem on my 00 v6. Dealer diagnosed it as wiring...AFTER I had the dccv replaced. AAARRRRGGGHHHH! I have $880 in the repair with the dccv and the wiring. I can't roll the windows down. I live in Dallas and it is miserable here with the heat. Relocation?

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
I had the same problem. $950?! :eek: I'll roll the windows down...;)
I didn't care since it was a warranty deal at no charge to me. They stealership I bought it from is not a Lincoln or Ford dealer so they had to take it to a local Lincoln dealer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back