air ride compressor

Fro99

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What % chance do i have, if my check air ride light was on and when I turn the car on the comprassor dosent come on at all, that i just need to replace the air ride comprassor?

I can't give you a percentage that would be remotely accurate.

If the compressor died, it could have been from being overworked; having to constantly re-fill leaky air springs, in which case, you'd need new air springs and a new compressor.

It might not be the compressor at all; it could be the relay. The relay typically sells for $40 on eBay. I think it's $90 for a new one.

contact Eddy Spinks at American Air Suspension

All the help you will need and he has what you need and will also buy your compressor to refurbish.

Eddie is the best on the net and he will talk directly to you and will also return your calls.

They don't come any better than Eddie.

Take the ABS relay from the other side of the car, replace the relay from the air ride (it's the same part and part number).

If it works, your problem is solved... but there's usually a good reason why that relay fails.

ahhh Than You all,
yea i acculy just got new front bags from eddie end of last summer, and a spider extreem (i have yet to install... :|haha) so i think ill jsut give him a call

but yea i had a mod. 8 hooked up to it for awile now and now i just got this new switch that is very nice but i think it may have been the death of my compressor haha

Does the message come on immediatley when you turn on the car, or 90 secs after it's been on?

it was right away when i turn key.....

after i got ASHAM8 all installed the car sat VERY high even though the air ride switch read slammed all the way down and no setting would change it and my track assist button dident work.

well today i went over a big bump and my radio stopped working......
after i re-started the car EVERY thing worked fine and no check air ride :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back