Air Ride Switch off.

MachVIII

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
When I bought the car I sensor lowered it and was fine for a while. Then one day I went for a drive and it sunk in the front. I parked it for a while then restarted and it went back up. Few weeks later the front and back did the same thing. So after getting sick of the inconsitancy I shut off the air ride switch when the it was a the height it was supposed to be at (lowered). Its been about a week and it still at the height I like so I know the bags dont leak. Any problem with leaving the switch off indefinately??

The EVO controller is in the same module as the air ride controller. Switching it off can cause the power steering to go into 100% assist at all speeds. This can make the steering feel a little sensitive at highway speeds.

I think I remember Eddie saying that the system will build up moisture if you leave it off and the compressor will die.

Not a good idea to leave it shut off indefinitely. Furthermore, it'll probably drop a gradually a little over time, anyway.

Thanks for the help guys, I put it back on, has been fine for now.

hey im new to this forum and i have to say there is alot of ppl who really like there cars like me lol....but i was wondering if it would harm anything to ride around with my car all the way down?.....it has been sittin for a couple weeks now and its completely low to the ground and i turned off the air ride switch so i could keep it low to take some pics and didnt kno if it was ok to drive or not? i dont want it like that for good jus for a day or 2? thanks

It's not good for the suspension, definitely don't take it out on the freeway.

Members online

No members online now.
Back