air ride wont vent

talincolnlsc

LVC Member
Reaction score
my rear bags wont vent. the fronts do though. this happened before and it fixed itself and now its back. when i put people in the back i have to drive around after with the ass end in the air untill i manualy release the rear bags,its getting really anoying. i even have a lowering switch and it opens the selenoid to release but doesnt let any air out. any help would be great thanks,tim

It's probably the vent in your compressor is rusted shut. Mine does the same thing. I just found a height I was happy with and shut the air ride off. You may want to replace your compressor.

my compressor is 3 months old. where is the vent on the compressor? is it easy to clean out? if its rusted it cant be that bad.

You really only have two options-

Replace the entire compressor/dryer/vent with a new one.
Unfortunately, this will be a short term solution. Inevitably, you probably have moisture inside the air ride system. The new assembly will work well for a short time, but in time it will fail again.

The other option is to install some kind of remote vent solenoid, bypassing the vent on the compressor. AmericanAirSuspension sells something called the SpiderValve which does exactly that.

The downside is that it costs about the same as a new compressor, but it looks like the new design should last a long time and sparing your compressor and greatly extending it's life.

So if the compressor is otherwise good, you should just get a new vent solenoid. If you get a new compressor, you're problem will likely return.

Although I love the air ride... I am glad that my 94 is now Air Ride Free..

3 Mark VIII and 3 air rides are at least 2 Mark VIII Air Ride head aches too much.

I'm keeping the Air Ride on my 95 just to have the Air Ride... But when it starts to go big time it's getting springs too.

Calabrio said:
You really only have two options-

Replace the entire compressor/dryer/vent with a new one.
Unfortunately, this will be a short term solution. Inevitably, you probably have moisture inside the air ride system. The new assembly will work well for a short time, but in time it will fail again.

The other option is to install some kind of remote vent solenoid, bypassing the vent on the compressor. AmericanAirSuspension sells something called the SpiderValve which does exactly that.

The downside is that it costs about the same as a new compressor, but it looks like the new design should last a long time and sparing your compressor and greatly extending it's life.

So if the compressor is otherwise good, you should just get a new vent solenoid. If you get a new compressor, you're problem will likely return.

What he said.:)

I've got Spider valves on both of my Marks.

If the compressor still runs good, try the spider valve.

If the compressor does die in the future, you can inflate your airsprings with the air hose connection on the Spider valve if needed..:)

Members online

Back