Air Suspension, how durable is it?

Lets put it this way. If air-suspension was not durable then there would not be a semi (tractor trailer for those elsewhere) on the road with them, but look: "AIR-RIDE EQUIPT". So air-ride is pretty durable and nothing new to the automotive world at all. I realize the Mark VIII is not a semi-design, but it can take its share of abuse.

I used to own a '93 Cougar, and I've driven several MN12 T-Birds and Cougars. Despite having a nearly identical platform, the Mark VIII is a far better car in every way. Even if the air suspension was an unreliable piece of crap (which it isn't), I'd unquestionably go for the Mark.

segxr7 said:
Even if the air suspension was an unreliable piece of crap (which it isn't), I'd unquestionably go for the Mark.

372,000 miles
6000+ dragstrip passes

original air ride died at about 120,000 miles

replaced with OEM parts and have no air ride problems in the 250,000 subsequent miles

your mileage may vary

Which is also a good point! The suspension will die from milage OR age and combined is worse.

So when your eyeing up a nice 1993 with 10k on it, dont think the air-ride is going to be just fine. Low miles do not mean near factory condition.

Members online

No members online now.
Back