Air suspension yet again

biglou71

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy again all. I am having an air suspension issues, and yes I searched and THINK I know what it might be.

Here is what is happening, the suspension was fine until I was on my way home tonight then I noticed the "Check Air Suspension" message about a block from home. When i turn the car on, the compressor runs for about 2 seconds then I hear a click from the drivers front and it stops and the error comes up again. Same thing every time. This, from my reading, sounds like the compressor relay I think. Anyone have any other ideas? Is there a home diagnostic I can run on the air system?

Thanks

IIRC the relay is a solid state relay. You may not hear any clicks like you would with a regular relay.

Why you would hear it from the driver’s side is beyond me, as the compressor and relay are on the passenger side. Are you sure you’re not hearing the solenoid on the driver’s front tire?

If you meant you’re hearing the click from the passenger side, then pull the ABS relay (driver’s side under the bumper cover), and swap them out.

If it works afterwards, you’ll know if it’s the relay. Obviously.

If it don’t, then it’s something else.

thanks.

Your right, I probably am hearing the solenoid.

I am seriously considering saying "screw it" and swapping to coils

Ahh so you think it is just a solenoid then? well those are cheap enough to replace even if they are not the problem I guess.

Thanks again.

Ok, this just got even more strange. I was waiting on new solenoids to get here, and yesterday the Air Suspension started working fine again. Any ideas on this strangeness.

Members online

No members online now.
Back