Alpine Cassette Radio to Alpine CD

nutz

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have Alpine Cassette Radio with 6 Disc changer in glovebox on my LS '00.
The question is - is it possible to replace it with Alpine Radio, in dash CD changer? Is it plug`n`play or how difficult it is to replace.

You sure could but why would you want something that old and basic??

Plenty of nice aftermarket players you can get instead. Pick one up with ipod input and youll never have to use cd's again.

Plug 'n play. New deck will even control your old changer as well.

Is there some aftermarket players for '00 what is easy to install(THX?) to Alpine system?. I need something to plug`n`play, if it needs some electronic mods n stuff - its not for me. I can take out old system, put in double din and plug some system :D if it is possible - ok, if no i will stay to in dash cd player, its better than cassette( :eek: ).

the THX units will not work in a non THX car since the THX uses more external amps

I'm sure you can get cable adapters for the 16 and 20 pin and use an aftermarket head unit. There are DIN mounts available - I think LSKoncepts even has one.
You'll lose the subwoofer and front console speakers, as those are on a separate 8 pin connector and (IIRC) have an external amp.
Not sure on the amp situation for the other speakers. Some folks have posted about it here before, check the search. If I remember, I'll check my wiring manual.

Members online

Back