Alpine six-disc CD changer problems

BigBalledOX

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I go to eject the CD's in the CD changer today and switch in some different ones and the changer starts acting goofy . . . I hit "Eject:1" and the changer just kept making grinding noises before it gave me a "CD Error" message on the display . . . thinking that was kinda odd, I tried ejecting the CD in slot 2, and it popped out just fine. Thinking it was just some sort of hiccup, I proceeded to make multiple attempts to eject all the other CD's in the changer, to no avail, they all gave me the exact same "CD ERROR" message . . . :mad:

Anyone know whats going on? I searched but only found a couple of unanswered threads . . .

I had the same issue with mine. I asked the local dealer to check it when I had the car in for other service. Their response was if you use copied cd's or ones with paper labels on them, they are often too thick for the unit to handle. That has seemed to hold true until this week when a new original cd got hung up in mine. I have had to use a tooth pick to free them when this happens.

I had the same issue with mine. I asked the local dealer to check it when I had the car in for other service. Their response was if you use copied cd's or ones with paper labels on them, they are often too thick for the unit to handle. That has seemed to hold true until this week when a new original cd got hung up in mine. I have had to use a tooth pick to free them when this happens.

So . . . just slip it in there and start jabbing? That blows . . . good thing I'm replacing this piece soon.

Don't get me wrong, I don't recommend it, it's just how I got my cd out. The slot is very narrow and the thicker cds hang up before the clear. The tooth pick just lets you clear the edge so it comes out without scratching the cd. I have started copying my cd's on thin disks and they have been working fine and I don't ruin the original. You might try that until you replace your system.

Members online

No members online now.
Back