Any ideas to keep the amplifier cool?

martz0r

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was toying around the other day with an idea of integrating a computer fan into the housing of my amplifier to suck the hot air out. I bought a replacement amp off eBay and to my surprise the thing actually works! Being that I don't want to replace this one and heat seems to do a number on these amps, anyone have ideas to keep them cool? Or should I just stock up on 93-94 Mark amps whenever I find them? lol

Just keep a spare or 2 if you're set on keeping the oem setup. I've never opened up the factory one but just from looking at it good luck fitting a fan in there. I remember the caseing to be quite thick aswell. Imo, not worth the hassle.

Just keep a spare or 2 if you're set on keeping the oem setup. I've never opened up the factory one but just from looking at it good luck fitting a fan in there. I remember the caseing to be quite thick aswell. Imo, not worth the hassle.

I wasn't planning on putting it IN the amp, but making a cutout in the cover and placing it over that. I had my old one cracked open the other day, and luckily I have the junk amp to use as a template. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into stereo for this car because I'm still unsure what I want to do with it.

Run a box fan from the lighter to the trunk

I'll do ya one better...

amp1.jpg

amp2.jpg

amp3.jpg

amp4.jpg

Now, to just figure out the power source. I would like to solder it directly into one of the power feeds going into the amp, to keep the wires in the case for a cleaner install. Would I need to use a relay, regardless of what method I use?

And yes, I'm going to clean the fan before the final install... lol

factory amp turn on from the head unit? amp comes on, fan comes on.
but i don't know if that's 5 or 12 volts...
with 5 volts you would need to relay a 12v connection.

I was going to tap into one of the wires in the amp connector, but the 3 that had 12v power were hot all the time even while the car was turned off

Members online

No members online now.
Back