any interest? custom hood

power buldge = mopar

mach 1 without shaker scoop = cobra r
43cyuk8.jpg

Sully, the vents that Quik and I posted are from the 2005-2010 Shelby GT500's. The nostril hood (Super Snake) will come up in the search as well.

I would buy one of the Mach 1 Style hoods fo sho

I know that would look B!#@%IN but I've been thinking.. Would you have the 800 to shell out? Because your going to have the cost of the hood from SPSully plus the cost to do a scoop.. If Sully can produce these, I know I will be getting the cheaper heat extractor one.. If no-one can come up with the money and it becomes a lost cause, I want to do the custom Mach 1 style because I am going to have just the cost of the scoop.. I really want a glass hood so I hope he can get them coming..

im working on a price for the extractor hoods...... they are the cheaper alternative. If people actually pony up the cash for them, then we can get em done and maybe do the mach 1.

im going to need 10 people, and I dont think it can be mixed and matched with the two hoods. but idk yet

im going to need 10 people, and I dont think it can be mixed and matched with the two hoods. but idk yet

Well you know that I am in with the heat extractor hood.. I've been looking at prices for Mustang extractors and assume that it will be a little bit more but if it's like 800 shipped, idk if I can sacrifice that much..

wow - that is gona to be difficult for you to get 10 people to commit.

Good for you for trying - hope it works out!

ive had 3-4 conversations with them. Still looking at options and details. I have a body guy lined up to get my stock one done for molding if need be

the real question is if enough people are going to be willing to put up cash to get these done. The initial tooling charges get off set by having x amount of prepaid orders.

It would help if we had a price to know how much they are going to be. Like I said, 400-600 for a bolt on hood, Im in.

Fiberglass mustang hoods are that price, carbon add another $200+

that's with making 100s of copies....

Probably to most I would pay would be like 650.. That would save me the trouble of doing my hood (a lot of pain and frustration).. I also understand that they are going to be a bit more because there is going to be very few made.. But you can get a Mustang extractor for like 430 shipped.. So I think 650 would be a fair price.. But that's just me..

A custom hood is a cool idea, but I don't think I can commit to buying one plus painting it. The only reason I would do it is if I needed clearance under there for a different intake or fitting a SC (though we know that one will fit under the stock hood anyways).

I'm happy with the look of the stock hood. And my car isn't near fast enough to warrant making it look faster than it is. I'd rather it be the opposite.

Members online

Back