Anybody got a how to on recharging the AC?

lacussumok

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys well I'm not getting any cold air at all so I went to auto zone to buy the refillant and the guy at autozone couldn't find the ac recharge port so I went a couple auto stores and none of them could find it so I went to a repair shop and the Ahole guy said he wanted 100 just to open the hood so can any if you guys tell me where the recharge port is I searched and didn't find the answer I was looking for I have a 00 ls if it makes a difference any help would be greatly apperciated

Adding freon

Sorry for the possible dumb questions, but is that the place where you add freon? Dumb question #2, is recharging the AC the same as adding freon?

ok, here goes

There are no dumb questions. If you don't know then ask and learn...We all learn from someone else or a book.

Recharge - this is when you put a pump on the system and draw out all the old freon and air thereby putting a vacuum in the line. When you remove the pump there is a suction in the line that draws in the fresh freon and not air.

Just putting a can of R134 on the line without the vacuum will add to the current freon in the system. And yes that is where you add freon to the back of the compressor. I've not done it myself but i've heard its a pain in the butt.

Last edited:
There are no dumb questions. If you don't know then ask and learn...We all learn from someone else or a book.

Recharge - this is when you put a pump on the system and draw out all the old freon and air thereby putting a vacuum in the line. When you remove the pump there is a suction in the line that draws in the fresh freon and not air.

Correct, but what you described is called "reclaiming and charging". Just adding r134a into your system would be called charging. Also, the term "freon" is reffered to a commonly used refrigerant contributing to our ozone holes called r22. r134a is ozone safe, but get caught blowing a charge and your looking at a hefty fine (thousands of dollars).

yyou have to get down the car, on the driver side, next to the wheel remove the plastics there, and you will se the recharge port. its a black cap.
sorry if i was late, lol
if you cant find it tell me so i take a pic and send it to you.

Members online

Back