Anyone got a rear brake pad carrier?..Beg!!

andyfanshawe

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm begging........over here in the dark UK......with a worn slider pin on my passenger side rear brake:eek:

padcarrierwanted.jpg

And to make matters worse, there are none in our breakers yards.

To top that off, its raining and cold:( And I've got worn slider pins:eek:

Can anyone take pity on me and offer to post one out to the UK please? Can pay immediately via paypal. Anyone got one lying around with no sideways play on those pins under the rubber protective sleeves?

And before anybody says, I know the photo shows the other side, but I'm pretty certain that they are the same side to side.

Anybody help me out? Please, please, please, ...............

Andy.

I've got 2 for the rear they are yours if you want them. Send me a pm and we can get the ball rolling.

No parts stores have them for a Taurus, Mustang, Explorer T-bird, Crown Vic.....?? They are all the same if memory serves. Shouldnt need a whole new bracket, just the pin kit.

You should get a list of all the parts you really want that are common auto parts store parts for us and have one of us ship you a box of stuffs. :lol:

No parts stores have them for a Taurus, Mustang, Explorer T-bird, Crown Vic.....?? They are all the same if memory serves. Shouldnt need a whole new bracket, just the pin kit.

that sounds like the front calipers. dont think the rears are that common.
like the early Taurus rears are a "fat" rotor, ours are "skinny".
pins might be the same though.

that sounds like the front calipers. dont think the rears are that common.
like the early Taurus rears are a "fat" rotor, ours are "skinny".
pins might be the same though.
I am referring to the pins only.

Also Marks have vented (fat) rotors and most other Fords have solid (skinny) rear rotors.

Keatonsdad said he has two pm him and in the mean time ill look to see if I still have my spare in case that doesn't work out for you.

Keatonsdad said he has two pm him and in the mean time ill look to see if I still have my spare in case that doesn't work out for you.

Hi.
I have PM'ed him, but he can't find them:( But he has said he would nip down to the local wreckers yard next week at some point to have a look. But I don't want to put him out of his way and inconvenience him if someone else has some to hand - if you know what I mean?

Would you have a look please?

Thanks.
Andy.

I've got the complete rear brake assemblys sitting in my tool box already, brackets and calipers.

I can send you just the brackets, if that's all you want

You can also fix those guide pins yourself if you've got a vise, some decent vise-grip pliers, some PB Blaster and a nice heat source

Soak it with PB, then heat up the housing around the pin with a torch, lock your vise-grips on the guide pin so you can try and spin it, it takes some effort tho. I've had to get those out of countless cars, Its a very common issue with Fords

Send me a PM if you want my brackets and pins

Also,'take some sandpaper and get the paint off the friction part of the rotor, thatll make the brakes squeak.
And don't forget to put your sway link back together :)

Sapp said hes got one but ill still check tomorrow just in case. I need to move my parts from storage to my house anyway.

Yes, I've got some...

e588040b.jpg

And a couple of extra Guide Pins too...

a9498cce.jpg

I've got the complete rear brake assemblys sitting in my tool box already, brackets and calipers.

I can send you just the brackets, if that's all you want

You can also fix those guide pins yourself if you've got a vise, some decent vise-grip pliers, some PB Blaster and a nice heat source

Soak it with PB, then heat up the housing around the pin with a torch, lock your vise-grips on the guide pin so you can try and spin it, it takes some effort tho. I've had to get those out of countless cars, Its a very common issue with Fords

Send me a PM if you want my brackets and pins

Also,'take some sandpaper and get the paint off the friction part of the rotor, thatll make the brakes squeak.
And don't forget to put your sway link back together :)

Hi Sapperfire.
I'm sending a PM!

Just FYI, the pins are too slack in the housings. Too much slack/sloppiness. We dont have PBlaster in the UK, but I have oxyacetylene:eek::eek:

Drop links and sway bar are being powdercoated as we speak!! Making some poly bushes for it as well.

Rotors are brand spanking new (Rockauto) and powdercoated on the less important bits!

painteddriversreardisc2.jpg

Like you, I am a veteran of many thousands of brake changes - BUT I am in the wrong country!! Wanna swap;)

Andy.

Sapp said hes got one but ill still check tomorrow just in case. I need to move my parts from storage to my house anyway.

Hi slowmarkviii.
I have PM'ed sapperfire but thank you for the offer. Much appreciated!!

i still need 4 plastic cowl pins and an air filter case bolt though!!;);)

cowlfastenerlocation.jpg

cowlfastener.jpg

airfilterscrew2.jpg

Thanks again. A nice feeling that there are people who actually care enough to go out of their way to help someone else in a far away land!!

Andy.

Did you paint where the pad rubs?

yeah. then got them hot and they cleaned off. then took it apart to remove all the stray flakes of paint. my rotors have zero rust. its awesome.
did it on mom's LS when we did the rear rotors on it a few months ago as well.

Sapperfire has just been quoted $195 to ship the part to me in the UK via UPS!! WTF?

Makes me feel annoyed because he has gone to the trouble of packaging and going to the post office just to be, well, insulted. Sorry sapperfire.
i could drive over there and get it cheaper.

Andy.

Sapper, send it USPS to me and then I can forward it Canada Post to the UK it will be really cheap in the long run.

Sapperfire has just been quoted $195 to ship the part to me in the UK via UPS!! WTF?

Makes me feel annoyed because he has gone to the trouble of packaging and going to the post office just to be, well, insulted. Sorry sapperfire.
i could drive over there and get it cheaper.

Andy.

I thought the "Concord" was retired!! LOL 195 to send on caliper mount. WTF!

LSC, I'll ship it to you on Friday if you're still game for that

Members online

Back