Anyone got a rear brake pad carrier?..Beg!!

Did you paint where the pad rubs?

And Hell yeah I'll swap, I F*ing hate America, this country breeds stupidity.

Good luck finding smarter people anywhere on the planet. I used to think Asians were smarter than average until I spent a year doing a contract in Silicon Valley. Don't get me wrong, there were some bright people there, but I met some of the dumbest Asians!

BTW, I just shipped an EEC-V to UK and it only costed me $45.00 to get it sent 2-3 Day Priority USPS. Regular Priority Mail was like $16.00 IIRC.

Sapper, yeah send it to me along with his address in the UK and I will turn it around here. Or better yet, send me the info size of package and weight and I will get a shipping quote for it from Canada Post so Andy knows how much it will be from his end.

Sapper, yeah send it to me along with his address in the UK and I will turn it around here. Or better yet, send me the info size of package and weight and I will get a shipping quote for it from Canada Post so Andy knows how much it will be from his end.

Hey, the guy I sent the EEC to was named Andy! I don't think it's the same one, this guy had a 94 Bird; must be a popular name over there! :rolleyes:

Sapper, LSCHunter, I think you're making more work than needed. I'm sure you could ship direct USPS for around $10-$14.

A little late, but your sway bar end link is shot....

Nah mate! I've just removed it for sway bar removal and powder coating:)

bleedingrightrearbrakesoldfluid.jpg

Andy.

PS Do you like my new sexy black powder coated evap tray!

blackevaptray4.jpg

By the way, the brown stuff is dinitrol 3125 rustproofer to prevent the rainy/salty UK doing its worst!

You use that dinitrol on everything. Do you have any experience with it after its been on a car for 10 or so years to see how well it does?

Andy, I got quoted $55 at USPS to ship it to you, so it'll be a couple more days , I'm waiting on my title to clear thru the DMV so State Farm Insurance will give me the check for totaling my new 93

7071fdd4.jpg

I haven't forgotten about you :)

Andy, just have them use USPS Medium Flat rate box. 6 - 10 business days $47.95.

Max weight 20lbs.

UPS will rape you on the import duties 9 out of 10.

You use that dinitrol on everything. Do you have any experience with it after its been on a car for 10 or so years to see how well it does?

Hi slowmkviii.
Yes and no to that question. I have 6 years experience with it on a 91 camaro. Still looking and feeling immaculate. No peeling or weak spots or rust creeping underneath. Rust present at the time has advanced no further.

The official tests have shown it is one of the leading rust preventers on the market today.
And, unfortunately in the UK, we need a serious form of corossion protection or the cars will die a premature death. No way is that going to happen to my mark 8.
http://www.rust.co.uk/dinitrol.products.cfm

Andy.

Hi slowmkviii.
Yes and no to that question. I have 6 years experience with it on a 91 camaro. Still looking and feeling immaculate. No peeling or weak spots or rust creeping underneath. Rust present at the time has advanced no further.

The official tests have shown it is one of the leading rust preventers on the market today.
And, unfortunately in the UK, we need a serious form of corossion protection or the cars will die a premature death. No way is that going to happen to my mark 8.
http://www.rust.co.uk/dinitrol.products.cfm

Andy.
I know about rust in the metro area of MN they use an average of 350,000 tons of salt every winter.
So that's why I'm always curious about what people use to protect there cars.

Luke

Hi again guys. I'm assuming I have to look elsewhere for this part then? No word.

Would someone just tell me the state of play? I don't mind if its not possible to send the part, but I need to find it somewhere else if thats the case. Cars not moved since december so need a decision on this.

Thanks all for the effort so far....
Andy.

Andy I can still get you one from a junk yard if you want let me know I'll go for it as soon as you say the word.

Sapper, wow! That's unreal on the shipping! I stuffed my ECM in a small one-rate box that I shipped to the UK (it actually didn't quite fit but the lady at the Post Office told me if I can cram it in there even if it sticks out a little - tape it up and she sends it) and it didn't cost NEAR that much! It was under $20 - I'm shocked you got a $55 quote!

You can look online, it's easier (and cheaper):
Here is the UPS quick time & ship calculator: https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PNRO_L1
Here is the USPS: http://postcalc.usps.gov/

DO NOT USE UPS FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!!!!! EVER!!!!!

They rape the end user on customs and duties for nothing. I have had $15.00 parts cost me $35.00 in charges on this end. They do not tell the shipper anything just the person receiving it.

USPS international flat rate medium box as M Maker said.

Members online

No members online now.
Back