anyone have excessive tire wear inside of tire on 20's

601hotboy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
about two months back i had a tire give out on the road... it was demolished on the inside... so i replaced it and rotated my tires... all the other tires showed the same damage... so i got it aligned.....my another tire went out the other day... they all have bit the dust... so ima replace them... anyone else have this problem...

My millenia did that with aftermarkets, i was told it was the "camber" whatever that is.

yea i think thats what it is called.. i was trying to figure out is it because of the 20's

I suppose you could cause camber problems by going to aftermarket rims. However, I think that would require that the overall diameter of your wheel/tire assembly be smaller than stock, thus causing your wheels to tilt outward slightly at the bottom. Camber is basically the tilt of the tire against the road. If you have "negative" camber, you will wear off the insides of your tires fast because that part of the tire has increased pressure on it due to the tire not sitting flush against the road.

On any account, if you get a good computerized alignment, they can fix it...kinda. Our cars have adjustable camber on the front 2 wheels. The camber on the rear 2 wheels is not adjustable, however.

what kind of tires you have? I'm going to guess they are the cheap ones that came in the tire package

I have (you might want to sit down) 40k on my Toyo T1R's and they have lots of life left to them

I suppose you could cause camber problems by going to aftermarket rims. However, I think that would require that the overall diameter of your wheel/tire assembly be smaller than stock, thus causing your wheels to tilt outward slightly at the bottom. Camber is basically the tilt of the tire against the road. If you have "negative" camber, you will wear off the insides of your tires fast because that part of the tire has increased pressure on it due to the tire not sitting flush against the road.

On any account, if you get a good computerized alignment, they can fix it...kinda. Our cars have adjustable camber on the front 2 wheels. The camber on the rear 2 wheels is not adjustable, however.

Plus 1 on that! The older BMWs were notorious for negative camber on their cars. As a matter of fact, I was behind an Mitsubishi Galant this morning on the way to work and he had some 20's on it. I noticed that his back wheels had negative camber. Depending on the offset of the aftermarket wheel and the weight of it, you will have negative camber. The weight puts stress on your suspension system.

I agree because my current rims tilts in slightly but it's as noticeable as other cars.

i have sumitomo htr II tires on it..i went to the htr III now.
the tires itself has plenty of rubber left... but it wore out the insides...i had them on since may of 2007. Dont know mileage, but i know its alot. No my car isnt lowered...

Before you had the blow out or whatever, how often did you rotate your tires before then?

dont abuse me...lol.. but none.... i'm still learning cars.. i know alot more than i did when i got the car for graduation in 2007

OH I won't, that's what the forum is for. So you can learn how to properly care for your car. It's very important to rotate your tires especially when you have low profile tires. That's why you your tire just wore out on the insides. You have to rotate them at least every 3000 miles and keep them properly inflated with the correct tire pressure. This enables them to wear out evenly and you get more life out of your tires. By the way I'm from MS also.

I hear that allot.... and people blame their front end wear on them. Most the time its people who are pretty much at the replacement time for those parts anyway. If you do the right offeset and width etc, its no big deal.

tommy are smart!!!!!!!!!!

upsizing has to be done in width, offset, back spacing... its not just finding the sexiest wheels. That being said most everyone is off a little. The weight of the wheel plays a factor too.

No car was designed for anything other than what it rolled out of the factory with.

There still is some type of margin.

But regardless those Sumo things blow! They are hard as hell just like my crappy ass NEXXEN. Any slight camber and unbalanced air pressure will cause that type of problem. The compound is to hard. Thats why I dont put the miles on my car till I get rid of these damn NEXXEN things.

Next Im getting Vrdestien Ultrac sessanta's.

Also, like Sully said those T1R's are the best summer tires out next to the Vrdestiens IMO. You want a tire for the summer and are worried about looks go for the T1R's. They are the most under rated of the Toyos.

under rated of the toyos? they are the top dog. I'm actually getting rid of mine with the 20's. when I get 18's i may end up with some Eagle F1's

Everyone I know of or spoke to goes for the others like the Proxes 4. Thats what I meant by under rated. IMO they are the top dogs but it just appears at least the people I speak to think other wise.

i dont get that either. Its like saying "no thanks i dont wanna bone ginger, I'll stick with the millionaire broad"

Well I noticed it a lot with Neon, oh sh*t! I mean SRT4 owners and Cavalier drivers so..... band wagon comes to mind.

well i think my car hadnt be aligned since may 2003 or 4. so i know a certain part called lower or upper tie rod something?... no suspension parts had been replaced up until a month or so ago... oh and my car has 140,000 miles on it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back