anyone have excessive tire wear inside of tire on 20's

well i think my car hadnt be aligned since may 2003 or 4. so i know a certain part called lower or upper tie rod something?... no suspension parts had been replaced up until a month or so ago... oh and my car has 140,000 miles on it.

Trust me, those tires still suck!

Here is a link, I think this is the size you would need on your 20's but the tire is a killer tire. Great in the rain a and looks freaking cool along with a long lasting life on the compound.
http://www.performanceplustire.com/products/tires/searchType/searchByBrand/manufacturerID/129/productID/3678/tireSize/245_SLASH_35-20#prodAnchor

Not a bad price at all!

the inside of my rears, especially the left, wears at a ridiculous rate (or maybe not, considering i am constantly spinning the car to the left, hmm...), but seriously all jokes aside, the added width of most 20's compounds the already negative camber these cars come with, and if your tires have a low tread wear rating (as most cheaper tires do) this will wreak havoc on them. I am a tech at a chevy dealership in the sacramento area, and as such have the privilege of unrestricted access to an alignment machine. I try to check my alignment at least every couple months, es pecially when I run my 20's ( april-october) and a trend I see often is the toe set getting out of wack, this causes the tire to move in or out at the front and will make it "drag" across the ground, this wears them out even more than negative camber, so keep an eye on it

Members online

No members online now.
Back