Anyone know the part number for this and whether bushing sold separately?

lsintoronto

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was doing my brakes (2004 LS V8 Sport) on the weekend and noticed this bushing was really torn up (middle of screen right behind the rotor backing plate on the passenger rear side).

What part is that? Part number? Is it the toe link? Stabilizer bar link? Lateral arm? Is the bushing separate from the arm or is it all one part? How would this affect the car's ride/handling?

Thanks

IMG_20140511_205649_zpsf4416446.jpg

This was just covered last week. It's a rear toe link, and that's not a bushing. The inside of that joint is similar to a tie rod end. Those are grease boots, not a single, simple bushing. There are metal parts inside that joint that are probably in pretty bad shape now. You'll need to replace the hardware too.

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/partl...~2004-lincoln-ls-1952282-1953410-1592464.html

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...k-Tie-Rod-Lateral-Bar-options-other-then-ford

Just reading through several threads as my 2001 LS V8 Sport failed inspection yesterday due to the "rear outer tie rods" on both sides per the mechanic, plus the front right outer tie rod. I asked him to confirm if it was the rear toe links and not tie rods and he repeated they are tie rods, so I'm a little confused about what part to order. From what I've read on here - the rear toe links are hard to find and per Joegr's link above (I changed the vehicle from 2004 to my 2001), the part is labelled an "Arm Assy - Rear Suspension Callout Name: 5500" followed by some Bolt listings. Is that the part(s) the mechanic may be referring too as a rear tie rod? Do I need to order the HB1, HB2 and 1107 parts to go with each Arm Assembly?

Any help provided is appreciated.

Mark.

I'm sure your mechanic is calling the toe-links tie-rods.
Yes, you have to order the hardware, it does not come with the toe-links.

Tasca sent me the hardware for the inner end (I paid for them) but said to re-use the hardware on the outer end. I ended up getting the hardware locally.

Sorry, I forget which is which on the P/N's but when I changed out my end links, this was the hardware I ended up with.

2X Rear Toe link inboard nut
2X Rear Toe link outboard nut
2X Rear Toe link outboard bolt

1.jpg

2.jpg

It's good to use new hardware for many of reasons, mainly due to the nylon fastener bands inside the nuts.
They are a one shot deal. Once tightened down, the thread bites into the nylon preventing backing out,
should not be re-used!

bolts should be alright to use again, perhaps clean them up a bit on re-use.

1.jpg

2.jpg

This just happened to me too. Glad I found his post. Same thing. Found these darn near shredded while doing a brake job. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428971207.743033.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428971217.324508.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428971229.525348.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428971207.743033.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428971217.324508.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428971229.525348.jpg

Called up the local Ford house and they said they have one of the nuts but not the other. $6.60 per...

Any idea on the thread sizes to hit Fastenal/McMaster for them?

Called up the local Ford house and they said they have one of the nuts but not the other. $6.60 per...

Any idea on the thread sizes to hit Fastenal/McMaster for them?

Inboard nut is M12 x 1.75

Only info for outboard is M10

EDIT: Both nuts are available from Ford.

Inboard nut is M12 x 1.75

Only info for outboard is M10

EDIT: Both nuts are available from Ford.
I'm sure the nuts are available from Ford, it's the local Ford/Lincoln house that didn't show stock on one of them. I'm thinking the outboard nut is an M10x1.5 "Coarse". I'll grab a plain unit from ACE and see if it fits.

Thanks,

Confirmed,

Bolt on the spindle/knuckle/hub carrier is an M10-1.5
Threaded end on the toe adjuster/rear tie rod/strut rod/etc is M12-1.75

My local ACE carried both.

Members online

Back