anyone thought of painting interior pieces

601hotboy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone though of or may have painted any of their interior of ur ls?

I never had but I had read about other dying leather and air brushing trim.

I have thought of painting the shifter surround. I haven't tried it, though I do have color-matched paint with the flex additive for painting plastic (I used it on my Sirius antenna). I bought an SST shifter awhile back (mine doesn't have it), but it's a bit scratched, so I may paint it. I'm thinking the clearcoat will be more durable than the factory finish, which seems to mar easily...

You'll probably have to replace the whole panel, at least for the doors. The trim on the dash just pops out, so it wouldn't be hard at all to replace with the aluminum. If the posts are in the same location.

Yes, there are some on here that have painted interior pieces, myself being one of them. I just got some spray plastic primer and interior paint. I did it in May of 06 and respray some pieces once a year (rear seat cupholder and the ashtray trim and the ignition side trim). The only wud grain I left is the shifter.

I painted my interior of my 02 Mustang GT.. I went to a paint shopp and they color matched my exterior handed 3 or so cans of spray paint,sand paper ,clear coat and told me have fun...

Came out very nice took about the entire saturday but was well worth it, but I dont know how well that would look in a LS

Mine is painted to match the outside of the car which is Dupont Super Jet Black. On my cardomain page you can see some shots.

There is an old thread on here where someone did this. Came out pretty good IMO. If I find it, I will repost it here.

People have done this. You need a good primer and a clear or gel coat as well to give the pieces a sense of depth, not like spraypaint.

Mine is painted to match the outside of the car which is Dupont Super Jet Black. On my cardomain page you can see some shots.

thats exactly what i want. looks so much better black.

I painted my woodgrain pieces satin black so it matches the rest of the black interior pieces. I used Krylon Fusion and it turned really good. I had to take off the door panels which was a pain in the @ss but worth it.

I also painted all of the exterior chrome and lower grill and lower part of rear bumper satin black - working towards the "murdered" look. I will upload some photos once the weather clears up.

Next up to murder the wheels and a custom bumper Air Intake.

SEM makes some really good interior spray dye.

I personally used PPG interior dye that you spray out of a hvlp gun that can be color matched and it works perfectly!

I used PPG on this ENTIRE interior minus seats and carpet.

The color of the interior used to be the color of the door pocket grab handle thingy.

ebay2222006ge3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back