anyways to disable the rev limiter??

blacklincoln1994

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey i got a 2004 lincoln ls v8 sport, rev limiter only lets it rev to 3000rpm and goes to 3000 really slow, anyways to disable that other then a sct programmer?

Get a handheld tuner and tunes. I personally wouldn't disable it, maybe take it up to 5k-6k so it's still idiot proof. I had mine bumped up to 5k and am happy with it.

Actually, if you take the LS upwards of 90Mph, then jam it in "R" for Race, it automatically removes the rev limiter.

True story ... think I saw it on Myth Busters one night.

// END TROLL MODE.

Actually, if you take the LS upwards of 90Mph, then jam it in "R" for Race, it automatically removes the rev limiter.

True story ... think I saw it on Myth Busters one night.

// END TROLL MODE.

Actually, it won't go into "R"ace mode until the computer deems it won't grenade the transmission.

// RELEARN TROLL MODE.

Reaaaalllyyy ?

EDIT: nvm, I'm outa here for the night before it gets out of hand, it was a JOKE dude !

best-knock-knock-joke-ever.jpg

limit of 3000? this is in P only i take it?
i dont rev my 7+ yr old sedan in park, so i wouldnt know the answer to my question...

Get a handheld tuner and tunes. I personally wouldn't disable it, maybe take it up to 5k-6k so it's still idiot proof. I had mine bumped up to 5k and am happy with it.

well when u do this does it make it rev up fast or does it still rev to 5 or 6 grand slow?

well when u do this does it make it rev up fast or does it still rev to 5 or 6 grand slow?

Well you have drive by wire so the slowness in the rev could be related to that. I have a gen one and even only revving to ~3000 it sounds like a beast so I really have no idea why you would want to remove the limiter, but if you want to you need a handheld tuner

You'll have to talk to Torrie or someone else who tunes the LS about speeding up the drive by wire feature.

Mine sounds best when I pull it into the "big" barn, it gets a 3K shot at shut off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back