ARRNOTT vs STRUTMASTERS

95tbirdv8 said:
does american air suspension carry the rear shocks for the mark or would i have to get them from arnott. are the upper shock mounts really needed. would a factory shock from a 95 thunderbird work?

You can get their "No-Name" shocks from china if your in a hurry, but we're going to be carrying the Monroe Sensatrac shocks that carry a lifetime warranty very soon.

The solid rear shock mounts are on the drawing board as we speak also. They will be a solid design with a lifetime warranty as well.

We will sell a Rear shock & mount kit available that will be a little more than $100.

You could use a T-Bird shock on the Mark VIII. The stem is a tad smaller, but will work.

It would be a good idea to replace the upper mount at the same time, as the mount has rubber that dry rotts and makes a heck of a racket. (you have to take the shock off to replace the mount)

I bought a pair of rear bags from American Air and they said Arnott all over them!!!
Did you ever look on the arnott website at thier front struts? They claim that they are all new including internals. how do they get away with that claim if the damper isn't new????

Eddie Spinks sells remanufactured Air springs and other parts as far as I know he doesn't sell Arnott parts.

BlackOnBlack said:
I bought a pair of rear bags from American Air and they said Arnott all over them!!!
Did you ever look on the arnott website at thier front struts? They claim that they are all new including internals. how do they get away with that claim if the damper isn't new????

pepperman said:
Eddie Spinks sells remanufactured Air springs and other parts as far as I know he doesn't sell Arnott parts.

To offer as many parts as possible, I DO resell New air springs from them, simply because I do not have the means to reman those "at the present time". Like I said earlier in the post, it is the only thing they have going for them and the only thing I would trust to sell. I don't sell what I wouldn't use myself. (I'm working on my own right now)

BTW, their new china struts ARE new, they're new from china, but new.

if i put the shock from my tbird will the height of the mark be the same? my mark makes an annoying hitting noise from the right rear. it sounds like something is hitting every time theres a bump on the road.

95tbirdv8 said:
if i put the shock from my tbird will the height of the mark be the same? my mark makes an annoying hitting noise from the right rear. it sounds like something is hitting every time theres a bump on the road.

Well, you could put the shock from the T-Bird in your Mark VIII, but you'll probably find out the noise is the rear shock mount....not the shock.

Members online

Back