Article: Do You Really Need Premium?

OUCH damn if spelling is what its down to then I am OUT!

But honestly if you cant afford 91 or 93 or whatever higher octane gas you like then dont buy these cars. Plain and simple if you cant afford the gas and or possible repairs then sell....sell...sell!

-Scott-

Spelling & Grammar

If you do not take pride in your ability to write correct English, then you are wasting a good education. The way you speak/write says a lot. This forum may be a "relaxing, laid back place" but it is no excuse for appearing ignorant when it goes without saying that folks who own the LS are intellectually above the typical car buyer.
JPsBored said:
Actually I can spell and write a perfect paragraph when needed. But since this is a relaxing, laid back place to share and learn I don't believe that my grammar is what's important compared to getting the information put forth.

To bad that your first post was a dumb ass one, considering alllll the great info here and all you took away was the couple mispelled words or inperfect grammar.

Last time I checked you didn't need to be a grammar perfect student to buy a car, at any price, hmmm maybe that's changed.

So pull the stick out ur ass and enjoy the forum.... :W

ktmolloy said:
If you do not take pride in your ability to write correct English, then you are wasting a good education. The way you speak/write says a lot. This forum may be a "relaxing, laid back place" but it is no excuse for appearing ignorant when it goes without saying that folks who own the LS are intellectually above the typical car buyer.

Well then..... My educated guess would be that you have purchased yourself a Lincoln LS, and have come up with the notion that you are "intellectually above" (smarter) than the average automobile consumer. Unfortunately sir, WE ARE JUST A BUNCH OF AVERAGE GUYS WHO OWN LINCOLN'S OR CADILLAC'S WHO JUST LIKE TO SHOOT THE $HIT AND HELP EACH OTHER OUT!!! Since you have not realized that fact, you are yourself "appearing ignorant." :N :wrench

P.S. ----- :W to :V

wow what a forum.

First off trying to phigure owt wut peepel are trieing two say wen htey mispel can be annoying, but its really not that big a deal. Not worth wasting a post on imho.

Secondly, why would you put anything in your car that is not recommended? Its one thing to be low on money at the time and be forced to get the most gas for your money by using 87. But do you folks really think that you can outsmart the ford engineers who are a part of some secret conspiracy to steal an extra $0.20/gallon from you? I mean really, if you just treat your car right it will be less likely to give you headaches.

That said, it is YOUR car, so if you really want to save some money you should make up a batch of bio-diesel and start running the LS on that, see how far you get.... I mean, see how much money you save. lol

:ban

ktmolloy said:

ur a dannmm putzee

lol did u get that joe blow educated above the rest ls owner?.,.lmaooo

maybe ur just mad that i own a ls at 28 and at like 45 u finally do,, to much,,

Spelling & Grammar

Unfortunately, you missed the irony in my message. I was trying to give y'all a compliment by saying owners of Lincolns (and Cadillacs-I test drove a 2005 STS) are a discriminating group who do not try to be trendy by running out and buying an '06 BMW 3 class or an '06 Infinity G35. 'Nuff said. I greatly enjoy this forum. Thank You.
Black87LSC said:
Well then..... My educated guess would be that you have purchased yourself a Lincoln LS, and have come up with the notion that you are "intellectually above" (smarter) than the average automobile consumer. Unfortunately sir, WE ARE JUST A BUNCH OF AVERAGE GUYS WHO OWN LINCOLN'S OR CADILLAC'S WHO JUST LIKE TO SHOOT THE $HIT AND HELP EACH OTHER OUT!!! Since you have not realized that fact, you are yourself "appearing ignorant." :N :wrench

P.S. ----- :W to :V

Nope

Sorry. My last car was an '02 C32. Before that I had a '98 S4. Oh, and I had a new Audi 5000 in 1983.
JPsBored said:
ur a dannmm putzee

lol did u get that joe blow educated above the rest ls owner?.,.lmaooo

maybe ur just mad that i own a ls at 28 and at like 45 u finally do,, to much,,

Everybody needs to chill the :q :q :q :q out. Spelling and english errors annoy me too but I am not going to cry about when some one else makes a mistake, live with it people make mistakes. This thread is about gasoline not about who is the coolest because they can spell.
With that said buy 91 octane or higher. You do not need any thing higher than 91 but I wouldn't put any thing less in your LS. When 91 is not present and there is only 89 or 93 I always put in the 93.

Gasoline

I use Mobil 93 in my 2005 LS Sport V8 and that is it. I have been using it in my cars since I got out of school, got a job, and could afford it. No point in using a lower grade gas after acquiring a high value car which is rated for 91+ fuel.
Hawk03 said:
Everybody needs to chill the :q :q :q :q out. Spelling and english errors annoy me too but I am not going to cry about when some one else makes a mistake, live with it people make mistakes. This thread is about gasoline not about who is the coolest because they can spell.
With that said buy 91 octane or higher. You do not need any thing higher than 91 but I wouldn't put any thing less in your LS. When 91 is not present and there is only 89 or 93 I always put in the 93.

I just wanted to re-post this message so we can get back to the job at hand and that is talk LSs not speeling errors.

ohioLS said:
OUCH damn if spelling is what its down to then I am OUT!

But honestly if you cant afford 91 or 93 or whatever higher octane gas you like then dont buy these cars. Plain and simple if you cant afford the gas and or possible repairs then sell....sell...sell!

-Scott-

just a big loving family we all are,, lol :wave

we should probably save this energy for dealing with the lil pain in the ass problems that comes with owning a very sexy, pretty quick,, automobile.

a401.gif

Personally, I don't think anyone here can speak for all of us. I would guess this is a very diverse group. I would also say that everyone seems to get along though and it could be considered a family. There are only a couple of members on here that post things that I question. :) :) :)

Tuff Crowd!

Man I just put in a whole tank of 87 oct today.......... I had no cash, No ATM, just a C/C for Ultramar had 20 miles to go till empty.
Searched online for the nearest Valero got there and the price was $2.70 FOR 87 OCT!

I didnt even bother with the 91 but do I regret it....... Yes I may have saved A whole whopping 4 bucks!

Left the Gas Station merged on the freeway and guess what?? every one passed me by! My car Sucks Now! GRRRR!!!! I will swap cars with my wife this week thats how bad it runs, Ever hear the V8 ping and rattle? just pop in some 87 OCT, That'll cure your curiosity.

I will never ever do that again, I agree with the manual dont do it.
I usually buy gas from Costco and its got to be the best stuff Ive used for the V8.

To the people who use lower than 91 you are missing out big time on the performance our machines have to offer!

to the new spell checker on the forum sorry if Iv'e mispelled or used the wrong grammer but its past 12:00am pt and Ive been a "Dual Agent" for 1 month solid so I hope your not dissapointed.

lvc.jpg

Ok now I don't dare take the time to read the ENTIRE thread, but I thought I would share my two cents on this. My dad is a service tech for Lincoln and he has seen many an LS come in with hesitation and misfires and then just totally blow components all due to not using premium fuel. Granted you will not see any change at first, but prolonged usage, say like for 2 or 3 years, and you can seriously mess up the engine. If you are using regular and just barely start to notice problems, starting to use premium, you should see a change back in the proper direction within about 2 or 3 tankfuls. This is straight from the horse's mouth. He has been a tech for Lincoln for about 16 years and a general service tech for 115+ before then and he says this happens with just about every car that at least recommends premium.

And on a side note, this opposite CAN happen (note, not WILL happen) if your car requires regular 87 octane and you put premium in it.

VTOgre said:
And on a side note, this opposite CAN happen (note, not WILL happen) if your car requires regular 87 octane and you put premium in it.

I was following you until I read the above statement.

I don't see how more octane is going to hurt anything...unless you are running leaded racing fuel. It might hurt performance slightly, as you need to tune to take advantage of it, but it just "slows" the burn a little.

???

lsbit said:
I was following you until I read the above statement.

I don't see how more octane is going to hurt anything...unless you are running leaded racing fuel. It might hurt performance slightly, as you need to tune to take advantage of it, but it just "slows" the burn a little.

???

:I :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have a neighbor with a 2000 Ford Ranger 4.0L that he has always used premium. He said it started to pinging under heavy loads. When he carried it to dealer they said he probably had a carbon buildup. They told him that Ford specifically does not recommend using Premium in this engine because it promotes carbon buildup.

Black87LSC said:

02lsv8sport said:
I have a neighbor with a 2000 Ford Ranger 4.0L that he has always used premium. He said it started to pinging under heavy loads. When he carried it to dealer they said he probably had a carbon buildup. They told him that Ford specifically does not recommend using Premium in this engine because it promotes carbon buildup.

I guess this thread is really just too big now, and I hate to continue... but... premium fuel is used to prevent detonation, which now creates it in the first place? :) :) :)

Update On 89 Octane

Well I thought I saved 4 dollars when putting in the 89.

I decided to stick with my baby for the week, I got a whopping 167 miles total on the whole tank.

I did not save anything! On a regular tank of premium I get 300-312 mile's to the tank. I lost a whole half a tank! thats about 22 dollars, so to the 89'ers
Do Not Attempt this at home!

It is still running a little sluggish but I noticed the difference right when I left the gas station. :slam :bash:

Members online

No members online now.
Back