Audio recomendations

I can't tell you how many time my groceries have been crushed by those hinges. Sometimes I really miss my Ford Explorer.

My ex had an A8. My LS hinges look like they were designed by a 3 year old. The amount of useable trunk space lost because of them is ridiculous. .

And they DEFINITELY don't prevent noise

You're forgetting this is a 15 year old design with 15 year old standards. I'll bet a new Civic is quieter inside than the LS.

2012 328i trunk:

BMW-328i-trunk.jpg

Meh, Honda's are notorious for having awful noise isolation. My girl drives a 2009 Civic and cruising at 70 sounds comparable to 100 in my LS.

Yes I made it myself. I have about a hundred pics of the process. I'm running a 10w6. I woud have preferred a 12 but I could not make one fit because of the RETATDED giant ass trunk hinges

Mind emailing me some?

You're forgetting this is a 15 year old design with 15 year old standards. I'll bet a new Civic is quieter inside than the LS.

and this is an even older design (excuse the gayness of the pictures, didnt feel like searching google images for more than 30 seconds)

303896_10152140795170691_1993902573_n.jpg

with intelligently designed hinges on a car that most here would say is lower quality than an LS and they dont waste any trunk space. if they could think of this in 97 (probably earlier than that)

^That's how they are on the first gen focus. Most upscale cars use the gooseneck hinges now.

well i doubt that they are obsolete by any means, ford decided to use them on the 2013 mustang

8123_st0640_049.jpg

Can't speak for Ford, but BMW, Mercedes, and Cadillac all use the gooseneck design.

That Mustang needs all the space it can get though. That trunk would be unusable with gooseneck hinges. Looks difficult to even load golf clubs.

2012 328i trunk:

BMW-328i-trunk.jpg

lulz... not even close... The LS is extremely quiet inside.. A civic is still just a piece of **** civic, even if it is a 2013.

And look how much smaller the actual opening is.

I'm not defending the goose-neck arms, I'm just pointing out the trade-off.

that CTS looks to have a pretty wide opening, also so does that S Class.

Im just saying that i would rather have an inch or so less opening, instead of having to deal with sh!t getting smashed when closing the trunk. or even having to reorganize everything just to get the trunk closed when filled to capacity

Members online

Back