Audio shop toasted my entire stereo

Cameron

LVC Member
Reaction score
I need some advice, I had a local shop install an infinity basslink for me...

I picked it up after hours last night and paid, ($170 BUCKS FOR A SIMPLE INSTALL!!!!!) the guy got my money and left. I noticed the sub wasn't hitting very hard, so I pulled over to a parking lot and checked it out...well it wasn't powered hrm...check the fuse and it was out.

Replaced the fuse this morning, AND THE SUB IS BLOWN. Brand new $265 subwoofer is freakin RUINED before I ever got to hear it.

...to add insult to injury my 6disc in dash changer isn't working...won't read cds now...

Not to mention 2 of my ak-47 40rd magazines I keep under the passenger seat have mysterously disappeared along with my quarters...

Oh man this is going to be a long ass week I can tell :(

I would say a long talk with the manager/owner is in order. If you don't get any satisfaction there, then a call to the police is in order. That is...if your AK is legal. If not, then you're probably out of luck on that one as i would keep my mouth shut. (why did you have the mags in your car anyway???)

But I sure would do something about all the damage they've done to your stereo system.

Who steals quarters? Honestly. I would talk to the owner until you are satisfied, then maybe a local news station. I know the ones here have investigators and crap like that, they go to businesses to fight for people and if nothing else it will look really bad for the shop.

I'd like to just take a second to ask everyone to kindly leave all the components to your assault rifles at home!

Sorry to hear about the stereo though, check the receipt for a warrantee or guarentee. Either way your best chance for real results is through the manager.

once you get this settled, can you post a picture of the install. i am wondering where you installed it.

on a side note. i blew my base link after owning it for 10 months. sent it back to infinity, and they sent me a new one.

Eh I carry my AK in the trunk, I just happened to take it out and decided to leave my mags because I figured who would want to steal them? I have a perfectly logical explanation of why I carry it-

It isn't the fact that I got a new one ripped on me on the install charge, but the fact I have to pay freight to infinity to get it fixed, and no telling how much to fix my head unit and everything else.

The guys shop opens at 10am and I was waiting on him...decided to leave after 30 minutes...

Wow...just wow

Only reason I know I was missing quarters is because I had a roll that busted open in my cupholder. I never thought anyone would steal quarters LOL the manager is a nice guy, but the install guy looked like a tweaker imo-

Would small claims fix a problem like this?

I would talk withe the owner/manager and if that goes no where tell him your calling the cops. Bummer man

Well I went to his shop today, he locked the door and shut the blinds.

I guess that means I go to court now?

Cameron said:

At leaste try... he may just assume replace the stereo then deal with court. I don't know how small claims work, but if there is any kind of sopena it may scare him.

Sue the bastard...He's hiding from you. You don't have any choice.

Hmmmm....maybe he's hiding because he knows you have an AK?

Cameron said:

That would do it for me. I'm not sure what my next move would be, but you can bet your butt it would be something...and something HARD!!

Is you AK legal? If so....go tell the police they stole your ammo. That should get their attention.

What are the small claims limits where you live? File a claim against him for all the damages. Get proof from another shop that the unit is toast and why. When you get a judgement, take it to the sheriff and have them seize his shop and equipment. They will sell it all off to pay you. You can make someone's life pretty miserable with a small claims judgement...and I would make his miserable as hell for as long as I could....POS

Being from Florida..................

2003v8sport said:
I'd like to just take a second to ask everyone to kindly leave all the components to your assault rifles at home!

Sorry to hear about the stereo though, check the receipt for a warrantee or guarentee. Either way your best chance for real results is through the manager.

I am dissappointed to hear that from you. Your state is one of the few that recognize the rights of citizens to Keep and Bear Arms. He did just say that it was the ammo clips that were stolen. No different if it had been a digital camera, or a pocket knife. He had the right to have them in his car, and he had the expectation of having them still there when he picked up the car. Stop being so passive about things like this. His rights were violated.

Since the owner of the shop is avoiding you, I would get the law involved right away. That way they can not say that you have threatened them or been an agressor in any way. While confronting the low lifes by yourself may give you more satisfaction, he could very well turn things back onto you and cause you more grief. Do it the legal way and show him that you are way above him in both morality and class.

I would contact the local law enforcement and have them go with you to the shop. Inform the shop that if they don't make this right by you, you will get the courts involved. Be as professional as possible and have the officer there for moral support. I wish you the best w/ this.

bufordtpisser said:
I am dissappointed to hear that from you. Your state is one of the few that recognize the rights of citizens to Keep and Bear Arms. He did just say that it was the ammo clips that were stolen. No different if it had been a digital camera, or a pocket knife. He had the right to have them in his car, and he had the expectation of having them still there when he picked up the car. Stop being so passive about things like this. His rights were violated.

I didn't mean to disapoint you, though it was just a joke. I'm not sure what the gun laws are in FL because I don't carry guns around. The guy says he has good reasons to carry around an AK-47, I'm not knocking him. I just don't have any of those reasons.
And if someone steals my digital camera or pocket knife, were my rights violated? No one oppressed him, he wasn't told not to carry these items, his rights to bear arms weren't violated he just got ripped off. Which sucks but don't make it into something else.

I hope you get your stereo fixed. keep us posted

Bummer man, that fu<king sucks. I'd take the legal route just like many others have suggested. Although, I know that it is hard not to act on emotion when something like this happens. Best of luck to you.

whats the shop called and located?.... how about you post his info along with his phone number and we can all call for you just to piss him off!:D

Did the shop do a check list and have you sign it? If not you are sitting real good. I have had check list save my butt alot when i was a installer. I would go in there and raise alot of hell. Call the owners, yell at a manager, make a scene. People used to do that kinda stuff all the time at my old shop and would get there way. Most of the time it wasnt legitimet. You should not site back and take this. Make them fix everything or pay the dealer to fix it.

Similar story to the AK. A few years ago i go out to pull a car into the bay and sitting shot gun was a M16. Not in a case or even out of the way. Just sitting shotgun with a seatbelt holding it up. I instructed that idiot to bring his assult riffle home before i would touch the car. Mags wouldnt bother me, but im glad you had the forsight to take the gun out of the car.

Let us know what happens but i would not sit back and take this at all. You got over charged in the first place so raise hell till you get what you want. Or call the better business bureau.

out of curiosity what would be a "good reason" to have an AK47 (or any assault rifle) with you? I'm not arguing the right to bear arms or whatever but just what would a normal person do with an AK47? I'm not a gun expert.....

beaups said:
out of curiosity what would be a "good reason" to have an AK47 (or any assault rifle) with you? I'm not arguing the right to bear arms or whatever but just what would a normal person do with an AK47? I'm not a gun expert.....

I'm curious of this myself. I didn't ask because I didn't want to intrude, but maybe someone could put out some examples?

LS4me said:
Define "assualt rifle".

assault rifle

Any of various automatic or semiautomatic rifles designed for individual use in combat.

n : any of the automatic rifles or semiautomatic rifles with large magazines designed for military use

(dictionary.com)

Personally I would not rip off a Lincoln owner who has assault rifle mags in the car I am working on.

2003v8sport said:
assault rifle

Any of various automatic or semiautomatic rifles designed for individual use in combat.

n : any of the automatic rifles or semiautomatic rifles with large magazines designed for military use

(dictionary.com)

That would define every rifle. Especially since most military rifles have their origin in the civilian world.

Members online

Back