auxiliary input for 2006 lincoln ls

I guess the $64000 question is....... How'd they do it??????

A jack, some wire, and probably just some cuts and patches to one of the circuit boards inside. Reading the details, it sounds like that's how they did it. The radio doesn't know that the audio source changed, unlike when you do it "the right way" and use a PIE or similar adapter.

" I also add in the aux input , it need to play the cd for aux work, the way it work is when play cd and plug in the aux, it will swap the cd audio, the aux sound is the same as your CD music "

I guess you would have to keep CDs in there playing while you use the aux input. Probably won't work once the changer jams.

A jack, some wire, and probably just some cuts and patches to one of the circuit boards inside. Reading the details, it sounds like that's how they did it. The radio doesn't know that the audio source changed, unlike when you do it "the right way" and use a PIE or similar adapter.

" I also add in the aux input , it need to play the cd for aux work, the way it work is when play cd and plug in the aux, it will swap the cd audio, the aux sound is the same as your CD music "

I guess you would have to keep CDs in there playing while you use the aux input. Probably won't work once the changer jams.

Ahhhhhh...... These type of short cuts usually don't last long or ever work correctly.

Yeah... that's why I didn't purchase one. If I were going to do it right, I'd buy the proper harness for the aux connection on the back of the radio... then cut off the RCA connectors and rewire to a 1/8" jack mounted in the face of the radio. No time for this,,, so I just do without Ipod in the car.

A jack, some wire, and probably just some cuts and patches to one of the circuit boards inside. ...

I put aux jacks in a 97 Taurus with cassette and an 03 with the CD player. The Tauruses were easy, as the amp+tuner was in the trunk (factory). The dash piece was the CD/tape player, radio controls, and clock. You just solder in an aux jack to the player's preamp signal wires to the wire harness in the back of the radio. My iPod cuts the cassette's volume by about 75% when turned on, so I rarely hear it. For the other car, I burned a CD with a blank track using Audacity. The cassette deck seeks forward when it encounters silence, so I live with Jimmy Roselli occasionally singing through

But as for the eBay decks... I don't know. The question is do the CDs play normally when the iPod is disconnected? Do they play at reduced volume when the iPod is plugged in? Or do they never play?

If they play at reduced volume when connected: probably a simple tap into the preamp signal.

If they never play: probably cut the preamp wires/PCB traces, attached Aux wires

Play normal when iPod disconnected, nothing when connected: splice aux jack in with some kind of interrupter.

Ahhhhhh...... These type of short cuts usually don't last long or ever work correctly.

Admittedly, my Taurus' hackjack plays the cassette's sound through (though at a reduced volume), but it has lasted about 3 years so far. I originally ran the jack to the ash tray, then later put it in the arm rest.

My mother's Taurus worked fine with the blank CD for the ~1.5 years she had it before trading it in. The only problems I could see happening were the jack wearing out (cheap eBay pieces) or the CD player wearing out due to more frequent use.

However, that's not to say other systems are just as reliable, installed as well, or only use basic components. I'm just throwing my anecdotal experience out there haha

where can I find frdo3 aux s

Does your car have the factory nav/THX system?

I been doing some research I was told I need the frd03-aux/s module for the 06 lincoln ls by any chance do you know where I can find this item available for sale ..thankz

I been doing some research I was told I need the frd03-aux/s module for the 06 lincoln ls by any chance do you know where I can find this item available for sale ..thankz

They stopped making it. (I think this was mentioned in reply #3.) E-bay may be your best shot to find a used one.

I was doing some research i found out I need the frd03-aux S for the 06 lincoln ls by any chance do you know where I can find this item available for sale?

I was doing some research i found out I need the frd03-aux S for the 06 lincoln ls by any chance do you know where I can find this item available for sale?

Did you not read Joe's post 3 hours before yours?????

Did you not read Joe's post 3 hours before yours?????

Sometimes when I post stuff, it will post and refresh the page, but leave everything in the text box as if I hadn't posted. Maybe Cleve came back to that 6 hours later and thought he never posted :)

Sometimes when I post stuff, it will post and refresh the page, but leave everything in the text box as if I hadn't posted. Maybe Cleve came back to that 6 hours later and thought he never posted :)

Likely so. However, if he had read reply #3 and followed the link or used it to do his own search, he would have known the answer before 5:52.

Likely so. However, if he had read reply #3 and followed the link or used it to do his own search, he would have known the answer before 5:52.

I'm just in a good, benefit-of-the-doubt-giving mood today. Reply to a current thread is better than starting a new one altogether

Members online

Back