Bassani

02lincoln3.9

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey if anyone out there has done a bassani system on the ls v8 2002. please tell me which part number you used and if its worth the money. I called bassani and the tec guy told me any of them will fit. I dont belive him, So any help with this would be great thank you. And yes I did a search and came up with nothing. I have seen the videos on youtube and i know some are memebers of this forum. I would like the x pipe and mufflers.

As long as you get the right diameter it would fit. The pipes used for the rest of the system could be cut according to the length of the mufflers.

That must've been you that left the comment on my video asking the part number. No idea - I bought them used from a member here. They're maybe like 12-14" long, center inlet/center outlet. That's about all I know. If there is a part number on it, I don't remember it when putting them in. Sorry.

Thats defiantly the car. Man that car just sounds right to me. I love the tone your makes. So i dont need off set holes to match the stock thats good news. Thank you for your help. Im gonna order them next week. Did you use 3 inch or 2.5 inch pipe?

well the popping can come from removing the mufflers or resonators (supposedly...I haven't trialed and errored it).

But I got Magnaflow catback exhaust system and I'm gonna cut out the resonators and put in straight pipe (2.5") and I was told it will sound like a Mustang GT which is the sound I was shooting for...a nice STRONG V8 sound.

The Magnaflow kits dont come with resonators.

A Cat converter is a Cat converter. A Muffler is a type of resonator.

Petes, when they say cat back exhaust they mean from the cats on back.

Pete doesn't understand those things. He just TALKS like he has mods. Post some proof petey and everyone will stop messing with you.

i didnt read the bottom i see you just swaped the mufflers sorry

I replaced the pipes, too - 2.5" from the cats back. Removed the stock resonators and replaced them with some AeroTurbine ones.

Without the resonators, it sounded very "hollow" and Mustang-ish. I still get that "burble" on decelleration with the resonators, though, especially in SST mode just not as pronounced. Sounds cool as hell. Too bad the car is slow as f*ck. :D

I replaced the pipes, too - 2.5" from the cats back. Removed the stock resonators and replaced them with some AeroTurbine ones.

Without the resonators, it sounded very "hollow" and Mustang-ish. I still get that "burble" on decelleration with the resonators, though, especially in SST mode just not as pronounced. Sounds cool as hell. Too bad the car is slow as f*ck. :D

I love that sound. I was going to mention the distinct tone in SST. I love it, but mines more of a deep low billow than a rubble or burble with Magnaflows. Accompanied by the Jet Engine howl while dceling in SST it sounds slick.

So if one were to leave the stock pipes, but cut out the resonators and replace them with the 2.5 inch piping and swap mufflers....that would be an inexpensive way to sound better and have the girl breathing better too?

Hey guys, do you think it would be better to replace the stock cats with high flow cats? Then straight pipe to the bassani mufflers. Nyc LS8's car is what i want for sound and rumble durring and after acceleration. Hey NYC LS8 do you have a cold air intake? Any one ever do side pipes? Just wondering what it would look like.

I have the K&N without a heat shield.

There's no real room under there for side pipes unless you raise the car up.

I have the K&N without a heat shield.

There's no real room under there for side pipes unless you raise the car up.

And no real reason for side pipes with rear mount mufflers.....besides they wouldn't look right.

check me out for the hollow mustang tone on streetfire.net.... user name slp_ls_v8

Pypes makes an awesome high flow cat for a really good price. That's my next bit of work to my exhaust I'll be doing. I removed my resonators about a year ago and have loved it in combination with the Flowmaster Super 40 series. I have yet to put any tips on as I can't decide the look I'm after. I'm considering dual 3" tips but I don't know. I would really like to throw a set of Basani or Remus on there. Two totally different sounds but both equally awesome.

Pypes makes an awesome high flow cat for a really good price. That's my next bit of work to my exhaust I'll be doing. I removed my resonators about a year ago and have loved it in combination with the Flowmaster Super 40 series. I have yet to put any tips on as I can't decide the look I'm after. I'm considering dual 3" tips but I don't know. I would really like to throw a set of Basani or Remus on there. Two totally different sounds but both equally awesome.

The sound isn't too obnoxious with the resonators cut out? Did you just replace with straight 2.25 pipe welded in place?

you know NYC might be selling his LS, you could always wait til he switches back to stock and buy them off him. just an FYI

Members online

No members online now.
Back