batteries keep dying

afromack34

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a lot of accesories installed in my with second battery in the back, ive taken it to two different installers to see why my batteries is not being charged. The alternator is working fine, so they say, but when they test the cable before the battery it reads below 11 volts. the alternatorn i have is 200 amps, but i had it rebuilt because it blew out because it was hooked up wrong i guess. what i getting at is if the alternator is working fine, why are the batteries constantly dying? and if thats not the case how can my car run with a bad alternator after i charge the batteries?
Can any one help me out?

Good tip, because the cables from the isolator to the back battery were burned out. I will have the positive wire replaced.
thanks !!!
Afromack

Good tip, because the cables from the isolator to the back battery were burned out. I will have the positive wire replaced.
thanks !!!
Afromack

how do you have the second battery installed? Is it just wired in parallel with the other battery or do you have something separating the two and controlling the current flow? Also, with all the accessories, are you sure the 200A is enough?

Members online

No members online now.
Back