Beginning of a leaky front air strut (waking car up after only a week!)

anryu451

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, for the first time in a long time, I let my lincoln mark viii sit for a week while I fixed up another car of mine, a 91 Blazer, to sell and drove it to work.

Went to drive the Mark to work today and noticed the drivers side front looked slammed, but no other height issues. Started the car, it pumped back to level, no errors or warnings.

Also, anyone ever have an issue of letting your car sit for a week, and it misses a bit until it warms up? It starts and runs normal now, even if it cools back down, I've never let the car sit that long before, so I was curious.

Well, for the first time in a long time, I let my lincoln mark viii sit for a week while I fixed up another car of mine, a 91 Blazer, to sell and drove it to work.

Went to drive the Mark to work today and noticed the drivers side front looked slammed, but no other height issues. Started the car, it pumped back to level, no errors or warnings.

Also, anyone ever have an issue of letting your car sit for a week, and it misses a bit until it warms up? It starts and runs normal now, even if it cools back down, I've never let the car sit that long before, so I was curious.

You get a week out of your's before it drops your lucky! LOL

If mine sits for more than a week it sputters a little when it starts up. But then it smooths out after a bit. She just doesn't like sitting. However, after sitting for over a month, no air shock (THEY'RE NOT STRUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p) or rear air spring issues. And I hope it stays that way.

If mine sits for more than a week it sputters a little when it starts up. But then it smooths out after a bit. She just doesn't like sitting. However, after sitting for over a month, no air shock (THEY'RE NOT STRUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p) or rear air spring issues. And I hope it stays that way.

Leaky injectors? What do you think the sputtering when cold after setting is all about?

My car will do the same thing if I let it sit for more than two weeks. It will sputter and blow some smoke. As soon as you pull out of the driveway, it's fine. I don't let it sit that long anymore.

Yeah, my rears are nearly brand new, I can tell from inspection, but the fronts are factory. The arnott's any good? Or just bit the bullet and buy a pair of motorcrafts when it gets bad?

Members online

Back