Big 3 Wiring

Mussolini1996

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I am finally finishing up my stereo system in my '02 LS. I'm wondering if anyone has pictures or can explain in detail, where they grounded their alternator and how exactly they routed the power cable from the alternator to the battery. I'm using a 200 amp alternator that I got fromDB Electrical and a YellowTop Optrima Battery. I was planning on running 1/0 Gauge, because that's what I'm using for the sub amp, and I've already grounded the battery with that. Thanks in advance.

Couldn't you just follow the old wires? While you are ripping the old one out, replace it with the new.. I believe it is along the pinch-weld or close to that on the passenger's side..

Don't even remove the stock wires, just run the additional 0/1.

Have any of you done this??? How long of a power cable do oyu think I need. I was guesstimating about 15 feet or so.

Last edited:
yea im not really sure how much it took, i have a huge roll of 2awg wire sitting around, so i was just pulling it off the spool, i ran two pieces front to back because it was easier to wrestle and tame a smaller snake(and of course, i all ready had it), plus the wires are in a couple of pieces where there is a junction box in the passenger kick panel.

Members online

Back